Can't wait for the 9th..

Suddenly I'm craving popcorn.

To be honest, while I'm delighted the Tories have had a kicking, it's a bloody mess, and I'm not sure I would have wanted this. It's possible that Labour, SNP, Greens and LDs could form a coalition and they'd have the mandate to do so given they collected over 60% of the vote between them but is that realistic? More chance of a Tory/DUP coalition but I'm not sure I can see that happening either really. So we are left with a minority government with all the infighting that will inevitably have right in the middle of Brexit negotiations.

Well done Tories once again.

Twice now the Tories greed for power has screwed the whole country. Twice. How about we don't let them do it again? Corbyn has increased the Labour vote share by over 10% compared to 2015 so anyone who still thinks he's unelectable has been proven wrong, comprehensively.

Almost every single seat increased the Labour vote share in the UK, that cannot be seen as anything other than a success for Corbyn and proof his anti-austerity agenda is popular, so anyone who didn't vote Labour because they thought it was a wasted vote needs to reconsider. Chances are high on another election before the end of the year.

Aren't the DUP hinting that May needs to go, as a condition of a coalition with the Tories?
A CONDUP coalition would likely result in turmoil in NI, the likes of which have not been seen for 20 years.

Because the DUP are between a rock and many hard places politically: the DUP is pro-Brexit, but the NI electorate voted Remain very clearly, and it has been universally agreed that Brexit would be very harmful to NI; moreover, with a 'full' Brexit there shall have to be a border between the UK and the Republic of Ireland, but the NI electorate would not countenance a hard border between NI and the mainland UK, which means the hard border between NI and the RoI.

If the DUP uses their position in a Coalition to push for a 'softer' Brexit (at least as far as NI is concerned), that means facilitating and maintaining links with the Republic; their voter base won't like that (and it wouldn't be their instinct). But if they don't, then they'll get blamed when, inevitably, NI suffers economically under Brexit.

Sum total: a CONDUP coalition would be a worse outcome than May trying to run a minority government.

I think May will go.

There will be another election late summer, the new Tory leader will clean up on the back of a manifesto full of unrealistic promises (if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander). Meanwhile Juncker and pals will negotiate a belter of a deal for the EU.

Angela Smith majority cut to 1322 with both her and tories getting over 20000 votes, swing to labour + 3.8 swing to tories + 15.5, even ardent labour supporters have to admit that is a close run.

May has always said no Ireland border so is the support of the DUP so inconceivable.

Again everybody on here must say oh no not another election if we go to the polls again this year.

For anybody who has sway with labour , if they came out with a proper policy on Brexit outlining what they actually stand for then they could go better. I could not vote for them whilst they still have free movement so will go to tories as UKIP not relevant until Farage returns. That said I still find Corbyn/Abbott/McDonnell as appealing as a colonic massage.

A CONDUP coalition would likely result in turmoil in NI, the likes of which have not been seen for 20 years.

Because the DUP are between a rock and many hard places politically: the DUP is pro-Brexit, but the NI electorate voted Remain very clearly, and it has been universally agreed that Brexit would be very harmful to NI; moreover, with a 'full' Brexit there shall have to be a border between the UK and the Republic of Ireland, but the NI electorate would not countenance a hard border between NI and the mainland UK, which means the hard border between NI and the RoI.

If the DUP uses their position in a Coalition to push for a 'softer' Brexit (at least as far as NI is concerned), that means facilitating and maintaining links with the Republic; their voter base won't like that (and it wouldn't be their instinct). But if they don't, then they'll get blamed when, inevitably, NI suffers economically under Brexit.

Sum total: a CONDUP coalition would be a worse outcome than May trying to run a minority government.

Yup that. As I said I can't see the DUP doing a deal as it would likely unstabilise NI. Based on voting percentages, the 'team' with the biggest mandate is Labour, SNP and LDs. They've got 50% of the vote share to the Tories and DUP 43%, so as neither side got enough seats to govern I'd say the mandate should go to the largest number of votes for that coaltion option. I'm speaking of course as if a Lab/LD/SNP coalition is even on the cards...