No to Austerity!

Austerity politics has been rejected! We can hope for a fairer politics, hope for social responsibility, and hope for a more responsible approach to our negotiations with Europe. We have much to celebrate!

How did that happen? Maybe because there never was a right wing conspiracy huh?

But somehow I doubt you have it in you to admit you are silly for thinking otherwise.

How did that happen? Maybe because there never was a right wing conspiracy huh?

But somehow I doubt you have it in you to admit you are silly for thinking otherwise.

Im no lefty, but the front pages of most of the press on Wednesday were proper hatchet jobs on Corbyn. I cant call it a conspiracy as it was too obvious!

I think Indyref2 is definately off the table now, wee Nicky took a bit of a pasting and the tories had a bit of swing upwards, possibly because scotland really really dont want another referendum.

Austerity politics has been rejected! We can hope for a fairer politics, hope for social responsibility, and hope for a more responsible approach to our negotiations with Europe. We have much to celebrate!

Not quite. The cons are still forming a government and hey are still the largest party.

Who said they wont be responsible in brexit? Do you want to pay the £50billion-£100 billion they are supposedly asking for?

---------- Post added 09-06-2017 at 14:04 ----------

I'd agree, Labour seems to have the majority of it's gains in largely remain areas. Young voter turnout increased significantly. (probably due to the promise of scrapping tuition fees / scrapping student debt)

A very good campaign by Corbyn, and no campaign by May.

Those hoping for an end to Austerity might still be disappointed.

Agree on all those points. Give JC credit at least he had a policy, even though it was offering £££ the country is unlikely to be able to afford. May went from respected to being found out. refusing to go on the TV debate showed her to be a coward and the Tory campaign had little substance except more of he same. It was dullsville.

Austerity it is then.

Im no lefty, but the front pages of most of the press on Wednesday were proper hatchet jobs on Corbyn. I cant call it a conspiracy as it was too obvious!

I think Indyref2 is definately off the table now, wee Nicky took a bit of a pasting and the tories had a bit of swing upwards, possibly because scotland really really dont want another referendum.

Exactly. If you want to rig an election there are surely better ways than writing damning articles and crossing your fingers.

The Mail is pretty damning of May today. They are fickle journos not grand conspirators.

Sturgeon should resign. They all should in fact, including Corbyn. He didn't win he just did better than expected.

For those that think our system is unfair; last night the Tories got more votes than Blair did in 1997 and that was a landslide!

Edited by Pinkman

The Tories won, and they had a very poor campaign.

He offered all that and still lost by loads.

LOADS!

sour grapes much, spin it all you like, yes the tories won..........but it was catastrophic for them.

Labour lost...technically, but still had a massive leap forwards from the last time

:hihi:

---------- Post added 09-06-2017 at 14:46 ----------

it shows how shocking our media (especially the printed ones) are, biased as hell, the news should tell you the news surely? NOT tell you what to think and how to act?

needs a proper shakeup in my book

sour grapes much, spin it all you like, yes the tories won..........but it was catastrophic for them.

Labour lost...technically, but still had a massive leap forwards from the last time

:hihi:

---------- Post added 09-06-2017 at 14:46 ----------

it shows how shocking our media (especially the printed ones) are, biased as hell, the news should tell you the news surely? NOT tell you what to think and how to act?

needs a proper shakeup in my book

I'm not spinning anything.

To be honest I don't like any of them. I ended up voting for The Yorkshire Party for a laugh.

However I'm a little confused as to why Labour supporters are acting like they won?

I'm not spinning anything.

To be honest I don't like any of them. I ended up voting for The Yorkshire Party for a laugh.

However I'm a little confused as to why Labour supporters are acting like they won?

the tories expected a massive majority ............they didnt get it.

In fact they lost their majority.

Labours seats has grown since their dismal showing last time.

After all the goings on with Corbyn etc in the leadership battles most people thought they were done for. It has turned out far better than it couldve been.

Its not a win but does feel like one.

The tories have certainly got a bloody nose and Theresa May has been shown to be on the ropes, the only reason they are hanging on is because of the DUP (another fine bunch of innocent, fine standing citizens :roll: )

After all the goings on with Corbyn etc in the leadership battles most people thought they were done for. It has turned out far better than it couldve been.

The tories have certainly got a bloody nose and Theresa May has been shown to be on the ropes, the only reason they are hanging on is because of the DUP (another fine bunch of innocent, fine standing citizens :roll: )

Under normal circumstances May should resign. And so should Corbyn. Neither of them won.

It was only a few weeks ago that the Tory press were telling us this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4447374/May-outscores-Thatcher-Blair.html

I'd have loved to have seen Paul Dacre's face last night when those exit polls were coming in.