No to Austerity!

huh? but only May caused a major catastrophe?? Labour under his leadership has actually gained.

Yes, but not enough. Resigning when you fail to win election is the done thing.

But these aren't normal circumstances.

This is probably the first election where the printed press's influence has gone, thankfully and despite their best efforts.

I was quite surprised by Labours showing and well done to Corbyn.

Austerity is one of the biggest con tricks foisted on the British public of all time.

Well done to Labour in Sheffield! We Greens didn't quite reach our hopes and aspirations, but I'm sure you won't mind us sharing in your delight? Congratulations - a wonderful result for you and for the progressive spirit!

huh? but only May caused a major catastrophe?? Labour under his leadership has actually gained.
.......only because at the 11th hour Corbyn threw another bribe into the ring, promising to abolish student fees starting in "September"..........that was a huge vote winner for those with a vested interest!

Well done to Labour in Sheffield! We Greens didn't quite reach our hopes and aspirations, but I'm sure you won't mind us sharing in your delight? Congratulations - a wonderful result for you and for the progressive spirit!

Isn't one of the founders of the Green movement someone with an interesting first name, was it Dorian, or Jorian somebody ?

.......only because at the 11th hour Corbyn threw another bribe into the ring, promising to abolish student fees starting in "September"..........that was a huge vote winner for those with a vested interest!

it wasnt the 11th hour, it was almost straight away, as my eldest whos a student registered to vote straight away, the missus had mentioned that.

just been watching a news bit about the young persons vote and it turns out most did vote for labour, because they targetted them, funnily enough Mays manifesto for the rich and billionaires only just trickled over the line.

it wasnt the 11th hour, it was almost straight away, as my eldest whos a student registered to vote straight away, the missus had mentioned that.

just been watching a news bit about the young persons vote and it turns out most did vote for labour, because they targetted them, funnily enough Mays manifesto for the rich and billionaires only just trickled over the line.

.........everyone in your world rich and a billionaire if they voted Tory then Mel.......you need to get out more!

I'm quoting that for later.

---------- Post added 10-06-2017 at 11:32 ----------

It was only a few weeks ago that the Tory press were telling us this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4447374/May-outscores-Thatcher-Blair.html

I'd have loved to have seen Paul Dacre's face last night when those exit polls were coming in.

Now they're telling us this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4590056/TORIES-TURN-THERESA-Civil-war-MPs-threaten-oust-PM.html

Oh dear.

We now have a resurgent progressive labour party and a disintegrating tory party already wading into a bloodbath. Jeremy Corbyn's landslide has swept away the blairite spectre and opened the way for a strong and stable opposition based on truly social policies to challenge the sleaze and greed of neoliberalism.