Why theresa may is dangerous, she reacts too quickly

I think she feels compelled to act quickly because the Brexit negotiations are nearly upon her. I don't think she's the right person to negotiate, I hope she takes a back seat and allows the others to get on with it.

Personally I think the negotiations should be cross party, and involve only the best people for the job, including Nigel Farage.

---------- Post added 10-06-2017 at 12:48 ----------

God knows what the DUP will be demanding as the price of coalition.

I look at Nigel farage with utter contempt. Large portions of the eu parliament look at him with utter contempt. He's friends with Donald trump. I wouldn't share a pool table with him, let alone let him get 100 yards near something as serious and as life changing as the EU negotiations. They'd laugh us out the room.

no they aren't, or at least not necessarily. Rubbish election though it was for the Tories and May, they were only a very few seats short of the 322 they need to consistently win votes - Sinn Fein won't be taking up their seven seats so parliament basically consists of 643 seats, not 650 and May only needs 322 to win votes.

I wasn't surprised at all it was all over and done with and she was off to see the Queen so quickly. The reason why it took so long in 2010's hung parliament was because Cameron had a lot less seats then than May has now - 306 vs 318 - and it was more conceivable in 2010, although still very unlikely, that Brown's Labour might have been able to cobble together enough numbers to carry on with the mythical but totally impractical 'rainbow coalition'. It was very unlikely that Brown could have possibly have got enough numbers to carry on in 2010. But now in 2017, it is more than that, it is totally impossible for Corbyn's Labour to govern, they are far too short on numbers even though they have 2 more Labour MP's now in 2017 than they had in 2010, there is far too many Tories now in 2017 and the Tories only need 5 MP's to bump up their numbers over the line, not the 20 that they needed in 2010.

also in 2010, the Tories and the Libs had to negotiate a coalition which they won't be doing now with the DUP. That, together with Brown not wanting to immeadiately let go, is why it took several days for Cameron to go to the Palace last time, but only a few hours, for May to go to the Palace this time.

May committed to joining forces with the DUP. Arlene Foster still has to decide the terms of the DUP's support. The DUP have May over a barrel.

---------- Post added 10-06-2017 at 13:08 ----------

Whilst much of that applies, May hadn't agreed with, or even had substantiate talks with, the DUP before she went of to the Palace to tell the Queen she'd be forming a government with them. What happens if the DUP insist on something that the Tory party can't countenance? How would that impact her attempt to form a government then? It's put her in a weak position when comes to negotiating terms with the DUP. She didn't need to go to the Palace so quickly. May has yet again rushed into something without considering the consequences.

This^^^^^^^^

I look at Nigel farage with utter contempt. Large portions of the eu parliament look at him with utter contempt. He's friends with Donald trump. I wouldn't share a pool table with him, let alone let him get 100 yards near something as serious and as life changing as the EU negotiations. They'd laugh us out the room.

Maybe. But he knows the EU inside out. He knows where the bodies are buried and every little scam and fiddle going. That's why he wanted out. He may not be the best person to have sitting at the top table, but as a backroom advisor he can't be beaten.

[/color]God knows what the DUP will be demanding as the price of coalition.

He does know, DUP is very religious, they don't like gay's or abortion.

People voted tory cause they are conservative right. Now they will get a super right conservative club. What has happened is worse than before, many people wanted to go left again and she gives us an even righter heavier version of conservative.

May has not even discussed this deal with her own party before she ran to the palace, holy moly if that is not reactionary.

He does know, DUP is very religious, they don't like gay's or abortion.

It's only recently they stopped insisting children's playgrounds where locked on Sundays because they don't like them having fun on the Sabbath.

Like him or loathe him Farage changed our political landscape, he played an absolute blinder by talking about immigration .... the subject everyone else 'politically' was scared to mention and we are where we are now because of that reluctance IMHO !

Nobody was really bothered about the UK being in the EU until Farage linked immigration to it then suddenly UKIP took votes from both Labour and Tory, a situation that was clearly reversed this week. All those middle aged white male racists and bigots jumped back on their traditional party bandwagon :D

I believe the people who jumped up and down to shut down opinion of ordinary people need to take a long hard look at themselves with regards to our current political dilemmas .... May is not dangerous, but people are over-reactionary in general these days !

It's called spin. All politicians are adept at it not just Theresa May.

This is not spin. This is terrible political decision making.

There's not even a subtle difference between the two.

She took less than 24 hours to enter into power sharing with a bunch of terrorism sympathising religious crazies. Dangerous woman.

Like him or loathe him Farage changed our political landscape, he played an absolute blinder by talking about immigration .... the subject everyone else 'politically' was scared to mention and we are where we are now because of that reluctance IMHO !

Nobody was really bothered about the UK being in the EU until Farage linked immigration to it then suddenly UKIP took votes from both Labour and Tory, a situation that was clearly reversed this week. All those middle aged white male racists and bigots jumped back on their traditional party bandwagon :D

I believe the people who jumped up and down to shut down opinion of ordinary people need to take a long hard look at themselves with regards to our current political dilemmas .... May is not dangerous, but people are over-reactionary in general these days !

You're right about farage - he's had far more influence than he should have. May is dangerous and far too reactive. I'm not suggesting she's a bad person - I don't think she is - but take away her pre-arranged sound bites she is completely out of her depth.

---------- Post added 10-06-2017 at 15:35 ----------

This is not spin. This is terrible political decision making.

There's not even a subtle difference between the two.

She took less than 24 hours to enter into power sharing with a bunch of terrorism sympathising religious crazies. Dangerous woman.

Anyone know why Tim farron (with his extra MPs) didn't get the call? Or did he get a call and tell her where to go?