Ten reasons why I believe Theresa May should resign

The lesser of two evils.

It was either The Tories and the DUP , or Corbin and The SNP

Id take the DUP everyday before the SNP .

That's no surprise.

---------- Post added 10-06-2017 at 22:01 ----------

The result of the Election has left us with a mess in the Governance of the country and a Party clinging onto power with the support of a Terrorist Sympathising ultra Right-Wing party in Ulster.

Whilst I recognise that the Conservatives were the biggest party (In terms of votes and seats) and fully support their right to attempt to form the next Government I don’t believe this should be with the current P.M in charge and here’s my 10 reasons for saying this (feel free to add others).

1. Calling of the Election- After repeatedly saying she wouldn’t call one she (co-incidentally when it matched an over 20 point lead in polls) following a walk in the Welsh hillside decided to call one when she had a perfectly workable majority.

2. An opponent who was loathed by huge numbers of people- She was taking on an opponent who had the lowest competency ratings amongst the Electorate that I can call

3. An opponent who was not supported by his own Party- His own MP’s had no confidence in him and who have been very lukewarm in the support of him during this campaign

4. Dianne Abbot- She was handed on a plate two huge gaffes from the Shadow Home Secretary from which I couldn’t see Labour coming back

5. Refusal to take part in a debate- A huge own goal by not taking part in this. I fail to see how performing and doing badly can be any worse than refusing to take part so just do it and fight your corner

6. Support from the media- Walking past newspaper stands on Election Day it was almost all persuading you to vote for her and Sky News coverage was a disgrace with more air time being given to her visiting empty farmhouses than Corbyns rallies in front of thousands

7. Huge funding from businesses- Rumour has it that she had 10 times as much to spend on her campaign than Labour

8. Losing a 20-25 point Opinion Poll lead- I can’t recall a Party ever leading by that much in polls, let alone nearly losing it all in 6-7 weeks

9. Her Campaign strategy- She just didn’t clink with the Electorate, she seemed uncomfortable in front of the cameras, big crowds and meeting people

10. Her policies- Her idea to re-introduce Fox Hunting appalled lots of people and the idea to introduce the “Dementia Tax” naffed off a lot of her own supporters

In my eyes all of the above were either errors of her own making, or the provision of opportunities given to her to assist in getting the huge majority she craved and she has just failed miserably.

The consequence of the above has now resulted in the current chaos and with a Prime Minister having to rely on the support of a Terrorist Sympathising, Ant-Gay, Anti-Gay and Creationist Party to continue governing and she should do the decent thing and resign.

Some will say legitimately what/who would replace her and that’s down to the Tory party. I see two options more preferable than this:

The first is someone else within the Party who has got the leadership qualities needed for Governing and Brexit.

The other is some form of Government of National Unity for 2 years to get Brexit sorted before going to the Polls again.

Great post.

The dup are a recognised political party and the biggest majority as voted by the people to represent them in the Northern Ireland Assembly.

Northern Ireland is part of the Union that is Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Theresa May is prime minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland therefore they have just as much right to be included in any political activities as any other party.

I am not denying that it is not controversial and I'm not denying that there will be trouble. However as I have said earlier compromise is always difficult that will be something that has to be thought out in any negotiation.

For all I despise they're ridiculous anti gay and abortion stances they have several policies including a soft brexit which i have no doubt if were on any other parties agenda would be well praised. The issues in Ireland are always going to be controversial but we cannot let periods of history constantly control what happens in modern times. The hysterics on Twitter and sensationalist Media certainly are not in a position to wildly speculate on what the dup may or may not put forward as their terms of agreement to form a Coalition nor does anyone have a right to bring up historical problems as if they are actually happening today as fact. The complex history of the troubles come from BOTH sides of the argument not just the DUP.

If a coalition government could be reached with suitable terms there is no reason why SF could not look to compromise where appropriate to maintain peace as they have done many times before

The way the reaction has been from certain people and certain newspapers they talk as if no two sides can ever in a million years possibly reach agreement on things

What other option would you suggest? The other parties have made their position clear. They have simply turned their back on making any pact with the Tories. Someone is going to have to form a government and we the People have just democratically voted resulted in the most voters choosing Tory members working under their party leader Theresa May .

If parties choose not to collaborate with her to form what someone deems to be majority government figure - what else is she going do other than go to one that will.

Good lord. I'm genuinely speechless.

But bring it on.

The chomping right wing nutjobs are going crazy because of Corbyn. They can't handle the fact that he's doing well and offering people hope.

He is doing well. He sort of brought people hope - less so now as, as I'm trying to explain, he's won nothing. He was leader of the opposition. He still is.

Good lord. I'm genuinely speechless.

But bring it on.

This is politics and government not some sporting event or reality show.

The public has exercised a democratic right and the votes are cast. It's happening.

I wont be bringing anything on.

I will be getting on with my life and my job and exercising my democratic right using my freedom of choice and opinion all over again whenever such time arises.