Ten reasons why I believe Theresa May should resign

So you think it's worth destabilising Northern Ireland so that your favourite party can hold onto power at any price?

You should read up on how long it took to get a peace agreement between all sides even now one wrong move could easily start it up again. By going into a coalition with DUP the oppersition like Sinn Fienn will see this has a threat to the power sharing agreement which is overseen by UK Prime Minister clearly you see this has a price worth paying so the Tories can stay in power.

You make a valid point and I agree that power struggle is the crux of the issue. It could well be justified arguing that the problem lies with SF if that is actually going to happen.

Other stances could be argued that as the dup is a recognised political party voted in by the recognised citizens of this Union, fear of how SF may react should not be sufficient reason to stop them from being included in said union's political system including working with its prime minister.

I don't know how many more times I have to say it compromise is not easy.

I will also be genuinely interested to know whether people be causing such a ruckus if the dup didn't have his anti gay and anti abortion issues.

Edited by ECCOnoob

You make a valid point and I agree that power struggle is the crux of the issue. It could well be justified arguing that the problem lies with SF if that is actually going to happen.

Other stances could be argued that as the dup is a recognised political party voted in by the recognised citizens of this Union, fear of how SF may react should not be sufficient reason to stop them from being included in said union's political system including working with its prime minister.

I will also be genuinely interested to know whether people be causing such a ruckus if the dup didn't have his anti gay and anti abortion stances. I am genuinely curious to know whether those are the real reasons and not the Ireland issue.

The DUP are endorsed by the UDA and other loyalist terrorist organisations.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/02/08/news/loyalist-leader-declares-support-for-arlene-foster-s-leadership-923980/

The leaders of the UDA and DUP have been known to meet. It is not even denied.

Will the UDA have access to the UK's PM via the DUP?

Looking at the editorial graphic of the UK result in the Mail and Telegraph I see that the majority of the country is blue with small pockets in red, especially around the north and east midlands, which I would expect anyway. The mentality in South Yorkshire is, my father and grandfather voted Labour so I will as well. When your local Sheffielder looks around their city and sees what a mess it has become they need to be thinking outside the box. How can it be said that TM has lost?

Looking at the editorial graphic of the UK result in the Mail and Telegraph I see that the majority of the country is blue with small pockets in red, especially around the north and east midlands, which I would expect anyway. The mentality in South Yorkshire is, my father and grandfather voted Labour so I will as well. When your local Sheffielder looks around their city and sees what a mess it has become they need to be thinking outside the box. How can it be said that TM has lost?

We don't measure political representation by the sq mileage of constituencies do we.

May is the biggest loser from this election

Edited by I1L2T3

Guest sibon

You do understand that the election is decided by votes cast per constituency, and not by area of constituency, don't you?

I don't think I've seen a less relevant post on a political thread.

Edited by sibon

You do understand that the election is decided by votes cast per constituency, and not by area if constituency, don't you?

I don't think I've seen a less relevant post on a political thread.

Sadly yes, this is what is wrong with our system

So a rural area with 10,000 people should have more political representation that an urban area of the same size with say 100,000 people?

Welcome to the 19th century people

The DUP are endorsed by the UDA and other loyalist terrorist organisations.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/02/08/news/loyalist-leader-declares-support-for-arlene-foster-s-leadership-923980/

The leaders of the UDA and DUP have been known to meet. It is not even denied.

Will the UDA have access to the UK's PM via the DUP?

Sinn Fein have undenied links to terrorist organisations and have had several controversies with their own party members.

Compo has met with them in his past and shown sympathy with their cause. Hardly immune from negative public reaction nor controversy himself on that one is he.

Do you think that would stop him seeking their cooperation in order to create his 7-way monstrosity of a Coalition. Don't you think he would grab their 7 seats in order to have a chance at power. Like a shot he would if he thought he could get in.

Edited by ECCOnoob

I will also be genuinely interested to know whether people be causing such a ruckus if the dup didn't have his anti gay and anti abortion issues.

The problem with Northern Ireland every party wants power if they think anyone has more say all hell breaks lose. The then Labour party came up with the Good Friday Agreement in 1998 in hope of pleasing and disarming both sides which it did but some saw this has a wash out. Just before this general election their were problems in the NI Parliament over the usual subjects. I agree compromise is not easy but this case it's going to be really difficult has some will see this has favouritism to one side. Even if the DUP was not anti gay or anti abortion it could see be seen has a dance with the devil .

Guest sibon

No.

What is really wrong with our system is that we allow idiots to take part in the process.