Ten reasons why I believe Theresa May should resign

Totally agree. Yet today we had David Davis on this morning's bbc tv news, repeating the official mantra that she is a safe pair if hands that doesn't rush a decision. She discusses with colleagues, takes a wide range of advice, etc, etc, before reaching a well thought through and considered decision.

I don't believe a word of it. Her recent decisions show she panics and rushes to decision. Presumably to try and show she is decisive.

Why should you believe a word, her so called safe hands that don't rush grab a trumper like family and starts making super agreements when he is just in office without checking any advisor or parliament whatsoever.

I started another threat on her panicky indecisive reactions, it will kill her and ruin negotiations for all of us.

It just you seem to be blaming May when in fact she wanted to settle it ages ago, it was the EU that said no and kept everyone unsure or are you suggesting we should just leave our expats at the mercy of the EU.

She could have unilaterally given EU nationals leave to remain (or whatever the correct term is). That would have shown a positive attitude in regards to the EU. It would not harm future negotiations in that the EU would be under great moral pressure to do the same. Even if they weren't, they would want to do it anyway.

I think the government would have been in a win-win situation if they had done that.

She could have unilaterally given EU nationals leave to remain (or whatever the correct term is). That would have shown a positive attitude in regards to the EU. It would not harm future negotiations in that the EU would be under great moral pressure to do the same. Even if they weren't, they would want to do it anyway.

I think the government would have been in a win-win situation if they had done that.

You think moral pressure will cut it with EU? The point was it was May that want security for EU nationals and British expats prior to the negotiations which was rejected and I for one would like put our nationals living in the EU first. I do realise it may sound a bit patriotic

Edited by phil752

You think moral pressure will cut it with EU? The point was it was not May that wanted insecurity for EU or British expats in the negotiations and I for one would like put our nationals living in the EU first. I do realise it may sound a bit patriotic.

And an effective way of protecting UK nationals would be to unilaterally do the same for EU nationals who are here. Much better that making both lots of nationals in a foreign land part of drawn out negotiations, with all the insecurity that causes.

And an effective way of protecting UK nationals would be to unilaterally do the same for EU nationals who are here. Much better that making both lots of nationals in a foreign land part of drawn out negotiations, with all the insecurity that causes.

you mean just leave our nationals working living in the EU hanging?

You think moral pressure will cut it with EU? The point was it was May that want security for EU nationals and British expats prior to the negotiations which was rejected and I for one would like put our nationals living in the EU first. I do realise it may sound a bit patriotic

you mean just leave our nationals working living in the EU hanging?

No worse than they are now, but with the added advantage that we are seen to be co-operative and looking for a solution for the good of everyone.

Much better than the current situation.

It just you seem to be blaming May when in fact she wanted to settle it ages ago, it was the EU that said no and kept everyone unsure
The EU said 'no' at the time, because she hadn't triggered Article 50 yet, and the question of EU nationals/British immigrants is Article 50 subject-matter. May knew this well long before she tried to settle the issue informally (with ample hindsight, and by the look of things, as 'informally' as she recently announced her coalition with the DUP, before the DUP had even been asked about it, and in fact as 'informally' as she seems to do everything else, and achieve f all).

I'm blaming May and her cohort of hardline Brexiteers for the harm they've done, and continue to do, to your country, completely needlessly for the most part: we're 12 months from the referendum, and f all has been done about Brexit, but for the jingoistic, undiplomatic rethoric from the UK that's driven a chasm between the UK and the EU27 and severely diminished the UK's negotiating elbow room before the talks evens start.

She's been in charge all along, all of that is 100% at her feet.

or are you suggesting we should just leave our expats at the mercy of the EU.
'mercy'? What do you think the EU is going to do? Round them up and intern them?

Last I recall, it's not the EU that's been on about enacting legislation forcing employers to publish details of their EU immigrant workforce, and we can also talk about the refusal rate of applications for UK residency by very long-established EU nationals since this time last year. Said a fair bit about the 'mercy' which EU nationals could expect from the UK :|

Edited by L00b

The EU said 'no' at the time, because she hadn't triggered Article 50 yet, and the question of EU nationals/British immigrants is Article 50 subject-matter. May knew this well long before she tried to settle the issue informally (with ample hindsight, and by the look of things, as 'informally' as she recently announced her coalition with the DUP, before the DUP had even been asked about it, and in fact as 'informally' as she seems to do everything else, and achieve f all).

I'm blaming May and her cohort of hardline Brexiteers for the harm they've done, and continue to do, to your country, completely needlessly for the most part: we're 12 months from the referendum, and f all has been done about Brexit, but for the jingoistic, undiplomatic rethoric from the UK that's driven a chasm between the UK and the EU27 and severely diminished the UK's negotiating elbow room before the talks evens start.

She's been in charge all along, all of that is 100% at her feet.

'mercy'? What do you think the EU is going to do? Round them up and intern them?

Last I recall, it's not the EU that's been on about enacting legislation forcing employers to publish details of their EU immigrant workforce, and we can also talk about the refusal rate of applications for UK residency by very long-established EU nationals since this time last year. Said a fair bit about the 'mercy' which EU nationals could expect from the UK :|

The fact is the EU did say no as your pointed out not May. As for undiplomatic rhetoric, I think you should read more of what Juncker has been saying but my original response was you blaming May for the insecurity which you just answered.

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 12:33 ----------

No worse than they are now, but with the added advantage that we are seen to be co-operative and looking for a solution for the good of everyone.

Much better than the current situation.

So if the EU have the high ground in all this why did they not do it unilaterally first.

I don't know about 10 reasons for things,

but I wouldn't mind 1 reason to why one member gets away with starting so many antagonising threads at election times, and disappears.

Oh dear someone isn't happy.

Perhaps you'd be so kind as to give us all a list of things we can talk about.

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 13:40 ----------

The DUP are endorsed by the UDA and other loyalist terrorist organisations.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/02/08/news/loyalist-leader-declares-support-for-arlene-foster-s-leadership-923980/

The leaders of the UDA and DUP have been known to meet. It is not even denied.

Will the UDA have access to the UK's PM via the DUP?

Yep grew up in North Belfast with Ian Paisley as MP and he was barking mad and almost certainly linked to terrorists.

I wonder if our impartial media will be pointing this out over the coming months

The fact is the EU did say no as your pointed out not May.
The fact is, you missed the elementary point, for the sake of (trying to) score a cheap point : the UK couldn't possibly expect to try and solve this, that and the other issues before triggering Article 50, else what's the point of Article 50, or the TFEU itself for that matter?

What else should May have tried to sort quick and dirty before triggering Article 50, then: the size of the Brexit bill? the NI/IE border? the FTA? the level of access to the Single market?

Get real.

As for undiplomatic rhetoric, I think you should read more of what Juncker has been saying but my original response was you blaming May for the insecurity which you just answered.
What, like Theresa May "living in a different galaxy altogether"?

He wasn't far wrong, then, was he? :hihi:

Here, have a look at what 12 months of UK rethoric translates as, in the real world.

You original response was a poor attempt at blame deflection, tbh. At least I didn't blame (Leave) voters. Unlike some Tory ex-MPs since Thursday.

Edited by L00b