Ten reasons why I believe Theresa May should resign

Yep grew up in North Belfast with Ian Paisley as MP and he was barking mad and almost certainly linked to terrorists.

I wonder if our impartial media will be pointing this out over the coming months

Our impartial media is already pointing it out. Here's what the Beeb says on its Who are the DUP? page for example:

Then there's the party's historical links to loyalist paramilitaries.

During this general election campaign, the DUP's Emma Little-Pengelly received the endorsement of the three biggest loyalist paramilitary organisations.

Although the DUP said it did not accept their support, in her acceptance speech, Mrs Little-Pengelly thanked those who came out to vote for her, singling out several loyalist working class areas in Belfast.

I don't know if the media you look at has been saying anything about it.

The fact is, you missed the elementary point, for the sake of (trying to) score a cheap point : the UK couldn't possibly expect to try and solve this, that and the other issues before triggering Article 50, else what's the point of Article 50, or the TFEU itself for that matter?

What else should May have tried to sort quick and dirty before triggering Article 50, then: the size of the Brexit bill? the NI/IE border? the FTA? the level of access to the Single market?

Get real.

What, like Theresa May "living in a different galaxy altogether"?

He wasn't far wrong, then, was he? :hihi:

Here, have a look at what 12 months of UK rethoric translates as, in the real world.

You original response was a poor attempt at blame deflection, tbh. At least I didn't blame (Leave) voters. Unlike some Tory ex-MPs since Thursday.

Don't understand the cheap point bit, as for blame defection I don't see any to deflect. Negotiations are just that and I would like to see British nationals working living in the EU in the strongest position. Quite frankly people, travelled to, worked and lived in other countries well before the EU and I can't see that changing. Unless the EU decide to.

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 15:47 ----------

No worse than they are now, but with the added advantage that we are seen to be co-operative and looking for a solution for the good of everyone.

Much better than the current situation.

But no better either.

Don't understand the cheap point bit, as for blame defection I don't see any to deflect. Negotiations are just that and I would like to see British nationals working living in the EU in the strongest position. Quite frankly people, travelled to, worked and lived in other countries well before the EU and I can't see that changing. Unless the EU decide to.
It's a false truism that ignores the abandonment of the 4 freedoms, which EU nationals and Brits alike have been growing up with -and making the most of- for the past 4 decades or so: that will definitely change.

Both because any restrictive policies which the UK implements to 'regain control' will be mirrored by the EU, and because people outside the UK have got the message loud and clear by now (per the example of EU nurses which I linked): it will now take a long time, and an awful lot more money, to either restore that sort of goodwill with EU would-be immigrants, or to re-skill natives (who, insofar as e.g. UK nurses are concerned, have been massively emigrating to Oz, the US, NZ, UAE and the like, after better pay and working conditions in the face of the crumbling NHS with its 1% pay rise in 5 years that can't be afforded because (quoting Mrs May in that very context) "the UK has no money tree").

Anyhow, I'm sure that Leavers, tolerant as they have shown themselves to be in the past year and a bit, will welcome Filipino, Pakistani and Nigerian nurses with open arms. The NHS reckons they'll need up to 42,000 of them over the next 5 years. Probably not much of an issue, right? ;)

British nationals working living in the EU will not be in the strongest position. Compared to many EU nationals, they already aren't now to begin with, and that's all down to No.10/domestic politics, nothing whatsoever to do with the EU, e.g. -and tellingly in this supposedly 'super' democracy that is the UK- they haven't even got their own MPs to represent their interests and views in the HoC.

At best, they'll be in the same position as EU nationals working in the UK. No more, no less. That one you can take to the bank.

Edited by L00b
added link

Do you think it's as easy to secure work in the USA as it is in Europe?

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 15:47 ----------

But no better either.

Yes, better, as I explained.

Ten reasons why I believe Theresa May should resign

You dont need 10. As an advice Labour fanboy you only need one and that is because she is a Tory.

You ignore the democratic will of the people. The Cons won, by 2.4% irrespective of the campaign and anything that went before it.

You dont need 10. As an advice Labour fanboy you only need one and that is because she is a Tory.

You ignore the democratic will of the people. The Cons won, by 2.4% irrespective of the campaign and anything that went before it.

You obviously didn't read Titanic99's post. I've quoted the second paragraph below (my highlight):

Whilst I recognise that the Conservatives were the biggest party (In terms of votes and seats) and fully support their right to attempt to form the next Government I don’t believe this should be with the current P.M in charge and here’s my 10 reasons for saying this (feel free to add others).
Doesn't sound like ignoring the democratic will of the people to me.

You obviously didn't read Titanic99's post. I've quoted the second paragraph below (my highlight):Doesn't sound like ignoring the democratic will of the people to me.

The democratic will of the people is for a tory minority government.

Listing all the personal opinions why this should be invalidated because the media didn't like Corbye is utter trite. His own party up until last week didn't like him either! It is only after the election result that he has become the darling of the Labour party. During the election the majority of the PLP kept their mouths shut omitting Corbyn from their election leaflets etc. Even Len McCLuskey thought that losing 31 seats (going to 200) would be a good result for Labour!