Should PM invite Farage to head Brexit talks?

Sorry sibs but it's more like the young people fell for Corbyn throwing them all those sweeties without knowing how he'll pay for them aswell as a god awful manifesto from the tories.

Ha, yet the Tories were so arrogant, they couldn't even arsed to cost their manifesto.

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 19:44 ----------

.........enjoy the honeymoon Jeremy,but watch your back! there are some ambitious egomaniac insubordinates hiding in the wings of your party,which is no different to any other political party!...........the real tests may be just starting for you!

They would be fools to. They'd better watch their step as momentum and the youth vote that Jeremy has brought into the Labour Party, will reject the Blairites if they plan to topple Corbyn.

The Blairites are dead and Blair seems to have gone very quite. He was quite outspoken about Corbyn re. where he was leading the party, before the election. Even his press officier Alistair Camb said he fought a fantastic campaign and ate humble pie. But as for Blair he seems to have gone to ground. Maybe it's because Corbyn won more votes than him.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/corbyn-wins-votes-tony-blair-cap-remarkable-election-comeback-085804586.html

Edited by poppet2

Why did he bail out soon after the referendum?

Wished I knew the answer to that one, he let a lot of people down. I did hear it was due to threats to his family, but I have no evidence of such a thing.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 20:04 ----------

UKIP just polled 2% of the vote in the General Election. You won't even be seeing Farage on Question Time now, let alone see him negotiating our nation's future.

Even with the poll down to 2%, no doubt in my mind Nigel will be back on Question Time, bet money on that one.

Angel1.

The Brexit negotiations begin soon, whether we like it or not. The PM should just bite the bullet and invite Nigel Farage to head the talks on her behalf. After all, he started all this. No one knows the European scene more than he does and you can be sure with him at the healm we will get a good deal and she can expect the UKIP voters to vote Conservative at the next election, if UKIP retire from the political scene.

I think he should have been involved in the Brexit talks to. He has said that if things start to go wrong with the talks he will return, not sure what he meant by that, leader of UKIP once more perhaps?

The EU are going to be negotiating with a prime minister who might not be around for very long. Hopefully the negotiators will be.

Guest sibon

Even with the poll down to 2%, no doubt in my mind Nigel will be back on Question Time, bet money on that one.

Angel1.

He shouldn't be. This is from the Panel Selection Criteria:

Question Time is rooted in politics and therefore has to achieve a fair and appropriate representation from the various political parties across the UK.

In normal programmes, that means Labour and the Conservatives are virtually always represented; in the majority of editions, so are the Liberal Democrats.

We keep these proportions - and those of smaller parties - under constant review, taking as our guide the level of electoral support at national level which each party enjoys

With electoral support down at 2%, and with no MPs, they have no right to be on the programme.

Guest sibon
This whole tory dup thing is getting funnier and funnier.

If the DUP insist on Farage, the Scottish Conservatives will walk.

A tangled web indeed.

If the DUP insist on Farage, the Scottish Conservatives will walk.

A tangled web indeed.

Get ten more duppy mp to lose support of you own Scottish conservative? It's like swimming upstream.

I predict a very funny comical situation with torydup.

Am I missing something here?

My reading of the current situation is at odds with the mainstream media.

A Tory landslide would have diluted the hardline Euroskeptics within her party and offered the PM greater political maneuverability during negotiations.

The electorate have subsequently weakened the PM's hand which will invariably result in the empowerment of the hardliners within her party.

The PM now relies on the votes of these Euroskeptic backbenchers who can hold her hostage and jeapordise her leadership if her approach to Brexit doesn't satisfy them.

The fact that Brexiteers like Dominic Raab and Michael Gove have now been appointed to government would suggest she's already trying to appease the Euroskeptics within her party.

I think a hard Brexit is now very much on the books.

Guest sibon
Am I missing something here?

My reading of the current situation is at odds with the mainstream media.

A Tory landslide would have diluted the hardline Euroskeptics within her party and offered the PM greater political maneuverability during negotiations.

The electorate have subsequently weakened the PM's hand which will invariably result in the empowerment of the hardliners within her party.

The PM now relies on the votes of these Euroskeptic backbenchers who can hold her hostage and jeapordise her leadership if her approach to Brexit doesn't satisfy them.

The fact that Brexiteers like Dominic Raab and Michael Gove have now been appointed to government would suggest she's already trying to appease the Euroskeptics within her party.

I think a hard Brexit is now very much on the books.

You are indeed missing something.

Two things actually. First of all, Scotland and Northern Ireland are important once more.

Second, neither want a hard Brexit.

Oh... and third out of two, the UK electorate just rejected hard Brexit in no uncertain terms.

Jacob Rees Mogg is not the voice of all of the UK.