Would you have voted Corbyn in return for £50,000?

Or look at it another way. If you were in the early stages of dementia and had a house worth £400k would you not vote Tory to avoid losing £300k?

The sums for some pensioners are massive compared to what students had to gain

Your maths is a bit out. £300k is what you would lose. £100k is what you would avoid losing.

The 18 to 25 year olds have never experienced the unions holding the country to ransom over exorbitant pay rise demands. They will have a collective meltdown when they can't charge their phones due to power cuts.

Your maths is a bit out. £300k is what you would lose. £100k is what you would avoid losing.

£400k house.

Get to keep £100k

You lose £300k

Labour, Greens and LibDems propose nothing like this.

But.....please keep defending the Tory policy on social care. In fact I'm begging you to ;)

Your serve.

---------- Post added 11-06-2017 at 22:44 ----------

The 18 to 25 year olds have never experienced the unions holding the country to ransom over exorbitant pay rise demands. They will have a collective meltdown when they can't charge their phones due to power cuts.

Utterly pathetic.

£400k house.

Get to keep £100k

You lose £300k

Labour, Greens and LibDems propose nothing like this.

But.....please keep defending the Tory policy on social care. In fact I'm begging you to ;)

Your serve.

That's what I said. Why don't you correct your previous post?

That's what I said. Why don't you correct your previous post?

Because it's what I meant. It's up to you how you read it but if you knew anything about recent reports you'd know that the Dilnot report recommended a cap between £30-70k on social care costs IIRC and when McDonnell was interviewed on Tv about the Tory social care fiasco he actually indicated that Dilnot was what we should be looking at.

You need to do your homework Jim.

Because it's what I meant. It's up to you how you read it but if you knew anything about recent reports you'd know that the Dilnot report recommended a cap between £30-70k on social care costs IIRC and when McDonnell was interviewed on Tv about the Tory social care fiasco he actually indicated that Dilnot was what we should be looking at.

You need to do your homework Jim.

Firstly, I wasn't defending Tory policy and I never questioned or commented on other partys' policies on social care. I can only take what I read to be what you meant and you said:

'If you were in the early stages of dementia and had a house worth £400k would you not vote Tory to avoid losing £300k?'

It's all academic now, because like a few other things, it's not gonna happen. But £100k is what you would have avoided losing.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

Firstly, I wasn't defending Tory policy and I never questioned or commented on other partys' policies on social care. I can only take what I read to be what you meant and you said:

'If you were in the early stages of dementia and had a house worth £400k would you not vote Tory to avoid losing £300k?'

It's all academic now, because like a few other things, it's not gonna happen. But £100k is what you would have avoided losing.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

No I said you would avoid losing £300k by not voting Tory. It seems you deliberately misinterpreted it to score a cheap point.

Anyway like you said you're not supporting the institutionalised theft May and the equity release vultures in the city had jointly planned. So that's good. Hundreds of thousands of families dodged a bullet there. Thank God.