Would you have voted Corbyn in return for £50,000?

Guest sibon
All the students I know (maybe 40) were all intending to vote, they're all very politically aware and they're all very unhappy about Brexit.

I've been working in a Sheffield school today with a bunch of 15 year olds. They are all still talking about the election. Most of them were pretty contemptuous of Theresa May and enthusiastic about Corbyn.

You're possibly correct with your solid reason theory. Of the students I know and of the students they each in turn know (extrapolate as far as you want on that one) very few were prepared to vote at all until that particular carrot was dangled as neither of the big two were worthy. The rest of the Labour manifesto held little sway.

I guess my question would be is voting for personal gain, right?

Brexit is a massive factor. Like huge. Loads of younger people are deeply unhappy with it.

I've been working in a Sheffield school today with a bunch of 15 year olds. They are all still talking about the election. Most of them were pretty contemptuous of Theresa May and enthusiastic about Corbyn.

Absolutely, and I teach a university sports club, so they're old enough to vote and to my knowledge they all did so. And many then stayed up watching the results come in, something I've never bothered to do myself.

They're almost all unhappy with the recent government and particularly with brexit.

The average Right to Buy discount on Council homes is now £52,000 and the maximum is £76,000. But that is not a bribe you understand. And the DUP have nothing to do with terrorism.

The DUP like good terrorists isn't it.

Not like that nasty IRA lot

Edited by I1L2T3

The DUP like good terrorists isn't it.

Not like that nasty IRA lot

I do know that over the period of the election campaign Jeremy Corbyn was repeatedly asked about his links with Sinn Fein. Since the Tories now need the support of the DUP to get legislation through the HoC, I've seen nothing on the news about the links between the DUP and loyalist paramilitary organisations (why are loyalist organisation called 'paramilitaries' and IRA called 'terrorists', btw?) Do the DUP have links with terrorist organisations, or have the BBC and ITV networks suddenly become all coy?

Even the Daily Mail are now questioning the links between the DUP, terrorism and The Conservative government.

Edited by Mister M

Absolutely, and I teach a university sports club, so they're old enough to vote and to my knowledge they all did so. And many then stayed up watching the results come in, something I've never bothered to do myself.

They're almost all unhappy with the recent government and particularly with brexit.

also heard my eldest and her boyfriend laughing about the DUP / tories thing, so its not all about tuition fees

Is that the same forest of money trees that bailed out the bankers?

Seeing as the bankers got bailed out by a Labour government that had let them run amok, yes.

Or has the Labour hive mind now doublethinked the ruling party at the time of the recession into being Conservative?

Seeing as the bankers got bailed out by a Labour government that had let them run amok, yes.

Or has the Labour hive mind now doublethinked the ruling party at the time of the recession into being Conservative?

So the Conservatives would have regulated the banks and avoided the crisis?

So the Conservatives would have regulated the banks and avoided the crisis?

Probably not. Who knows?

Why did you​ imply that the Tories bailed out the bankers with a money tree when it was Labour that actually bailed out the bankers?