Ladies with class .

Ladies with class go to places with class

And that would be.................where?

Kentucky McBurger King?

Debenham's Ladies Lavatories?

---------- Post added 17-06-2017 at 15:02 ----------

By the way I'm loving the irony of posting in a 'ladies with class' thread, I don't think I've had class since 1981 and I was born in 83.

Me too................

:hihi:

Indeed!

I've become quite adept at extrapolating the real meaning of posts from an arbitrary jumble of grammatical faux pas! ;)

Nicely put. But who is to say what 'the real meaning' of any utterance/post is? The author, or the reader? Or someone else?

---------- Post added 18-06-2017 at 22:54 ----------

I'm fascinated by the idea that in the 50s and 60s, women (and men) were slimmer, more smartly dressed and elegant.

It would certainly seem to be the case if you look at photographs from that period. I don't doubt people were thinner' - any photograph of a crowded beach in the 50s will demonstrate that. You can see most people's ribs.

But elegance...I'm not sure.it could be simply that photographers generally only photographed smart, elegant people. Perhaps all the scruffy, poorly dressed people were too busy slaving away earning a crust or doing the laundry or trying to feed their families, to get dressed up for a photograph.

Rudeness/swearing - definitely worse, in my (obviously subjective) experience!

My mum tells me people smelt a lot sweatier in those days, btw...

Edited by aliceBB