Ladies with class .

Back in the 'forty,s fifty,s and sixty,s', men used to be slim, they wore neat suits and certainly never shouted vile obscenities at passing ladies.

None of them were fat, tattoo covered larger swilling louts like all men everywhere are now.

:rolleyes:

:thumbsup: Good one.

Back in the 'forty,s fifty,s and sixty,s', men used to be slim, they wore neat suits and certainly never shouted vile obscenities at passing ladies.

None of them were fat, tattoo covered larger swilling louts like all men everywhere are now.

:rant:

Oi!

We're not all like that you know!

Some of us still prefer a nice pint of bitter to a gallon of fizzy pop! :P

Was going to reply, but can't without sounding sexist like the topic, sorry.

Well sexist it is not, I also believe that the current mens fashion statement is diabolical .

The track suite bottoms with the obligatory stripes , The so called shorts that finish between sock and knee often hung so low as to expose plumbers arsssse.

Then the shirt lap brigade!!! , a shirt should be worn tucked into smart slacks or jeans with a soft leather brass buckled belt not looking like a blinkin night shirt covering pot belly often with buttons un done simply to look even dafter.

Then we get the football shirt wearer who struts along the road as though he(she) is just about to turn out for United (some even wear the full monty even though chasing a football on a football pitch is the last thing they are capable of:help:)

Trainers ,I ask you! how can any one who deems to be blessed with satirical elegance be seen dead while on an evening out wearing trainers .

So not sexist , smarten up have a wesh.

Back in the 50s when men were drunk by 12, slapped their secretary on the arse and then had a kip in the office before having sex with a mistress and home in time for dinner?

( I only know the 50s from Mad Men)

Please post a few pictures of yourself so we can critique what you wear and how you look and ensure that you dress to our taste?

I don,t know how to do pictures but I still wear my 1970's Barney Goodman suit and people still say "thats a Barney kid" whenever I walk into a proper pub in Town , by that I mean not one of them daft so called real ale joints that sell stuff called Sheeps Innards or Old Tennis shoes and so on.

My Bally shoes are now worn out after thirty five years of soling and healing so I have to wear Clarks mostly due to needing a bleeeegin mortgage for a pair of Ball'y's.

Weight still the same as it was in 1966 when we won the World cup and only Bobby Moore and his team wore the shirts.

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 14:03 ----------

And what are arssses and deri ders ?

Logic can take you from A to B imagination can take you any where . Albert Quixall.

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 14:05 ----------

Oh dear, I knew you'd get slaughtered with this one on SF.

But I think you're right, (and my Dad's always saying it too, Ladies did look lovely in those days (Love the look on 'Call the Midwife')

However times change and really, that look was very high maintainance and time consuming, in other words not practical for busy, multi-tasking women today.

There are lots of 40's and 50's societies that celebrate those days and the fashions thereof. You'll just have to join one of those.

That Teresa May manages it Anna and even if we do not agree with her she looks the part;)

:rant:

Oi!

We're not all like that you know!

Some of us still prefer a nice pint of bitter to a gallon of fizzy pop! :P

You're assuming "larger swilling louts" contained a misspelling of lager rather than being an additional comment on their size. ;)

A dictionary can help you spell . Me.

Im crap at spelling due to being educated at a school where the teachers told us "its spelt like it sounds " then sent us down Treeton pit. Thats a mine to non Sheffielders.