Goats delay democracy

Guest sibon

And ewe are having a laugh

I'm not kidding! :)

The Ministry of all the Talents was a national unity government.

The government of all the talents which Brown thought up related to his government, which wasn't a coalition.

So Jeffrey Shaw had conflated two things.

They are the loyalist equivalent of Sinn Fein: act as a political wing of paramilitaries while pretending not to know who they are and what they are up to, despite being able to intervene successfully in paramilitary matters. They are also Christian fundamentalists (their political platform has been described as "the Bible with fortnightly bin collections"), virulently anti-abortion, climate change deniers, Catholic haters, homophobes and very likely racists. Perfect coalition partners for the early 20th century.

Sounds gruff.

---------- Post added 13-06-2017 at 04:40 ----------

In Dublin?? :surprised

That'd be like the leaders of ISIS going for a pint in Tel Aviv

At least in Dublin they do know how to organise a pish up in a brewery.

According to today's paper a deal with the DUP is still to be agreed.

Which means May went to the palace and claimed that she could form a government without having actually put an agreement in place.

Which leaves the DUP in an extremely strong position to make demands in exchange for joining in with the Tory's and not leaving them totally humiliated.

If this is an example of Tory negotiating skills we are in for a disastrous few years.

The DUP have already asked for an attack on Sinn Fein by wanting the Tory's to agree to reduce financial support to them by banning all political donations from outside the UK.

The major problem here is that the Good Friday Agreement is an international agreement between two sovereign states, and has been lodged by both states as a treaty with the United Nations.

Part of that agreement was that both governments would maintain a neutral and disinterested stance and allow the NI assembly to deal with the issues in the province.

That agreement has brought a measure of peace for nearly twenty years, and the fact that May is willing to risk that in order to hang on desperately to power is disgusting.

According to today's paper a deal with the DUP is still to be agreed.

Which means May went to the palace and claimed that she could form a government without having actually put an agreement in place.

Which leaves the DUP in an extremely strong position to make demands in exchange for joining in with the Tory's and not leaving them totally humiliated.

If this is an example of Tory negotiating skills we are in for a disastrous few years.

The DUP have already asked for an attack on Sinn Fein by wanting the Tory's to agree to reduce financial support to them by banning all political donations from outside the UK.

The major problem here is that the Good Friday Agreement is an international agreement between two sovereign states, and has been lodged by both states as a treaty with the United Nations.

Part of that agreement was that both governments would maintain a neutral and disinterested stance and allow the NI assembly to deal with the issues in the province.

That agreement has brought a measure of peace for nearly twenty years, and the fact that May is willing to risk that in order to hang on desperately to power is disgusting.

I totally agree with your last sentence, a new election should be called rather than having a divisive minority party dictate to the Government what they can or cannot do.

Never mind the goats or the drying ink.

There are people protesting in London calling for PM resignation and the speech has not even happened yet. I have heard the queens speech has been cancelled now.

This means there will be another election in two years.

I knew she was crazy when she rushed to the palace to see queen within hours after election saying she got some irish people to bail her out. And now she still has not got an agreement with them.

Strong and stable negotiating? I think she is mental.

All these people who voted for may saying she is the right one for brexit and Jeremy cant do it are blind, incapable of seeing the truth. This type of voter has little capacity to see the truth of the matter, they worry about nuclear wars and rather see some crazy out of touch PM run the country who cannot even speak with lower class people.

Edited by dutch

It is bizarre and quite idiosyncratically British that we have a remainer fighting the hard brexit corner and a long term 'lexit'eer who never wanted us there in the first place fighting the "reluctantly leave but keep as many ties as we can" corner

I knew she was crazy when she rushed to the palace to see queen within hours after election saying she got some irish people to bail her out. And now she still has not got an agreement with them.

Strong and stable negotiating? I think she is mental.

If that is an example of the negotiating technique and ability available to us in the Brexit negotiations starting tomorrow then I expect Spain to not only get Gibraltar back but take over the Isle of Wight as well!

By the way don't refer to that bunch of unionist bigots to their face as Irish. They use the term as an insult and insist that they're British.

This despite being in Ireland for hundreds of years and not being born in Britain.

Mind you, many of them also believe that the world is only 6,000 years old so what do you expect?

If that is an example of the negotiating technique and ability available to us in the Brexit negotiations starting tomorrow then I expect Spain to not only get Gibraltar back but take over the Isle of Wight as well!

By the way don't refer to that bunch of unionist bigots to their face as Irish. They use the term as an insult and insist that they're British.

This despite being in Ireland for hundreds of years and not being born in Britain.

Mind you, many of them also believe that the world is only 6,000 years old so what do you expect?

North OF Ireland is a lovely slip of the tongue to refer to their homeland if you want to see their faces go beetroot red and screwed up in a rage. Just for laughs.

North OF Ireland is a lovely slip of the tongue to refer to their homeland if you want to see their faces go beetroot red and screwed up in a rage. Just for laughs.

My particular favourite is to pretend to be unaware of the situation and ask them if they're from Donegal.

When they reply indignantly that Donegal is in the South I act confused and point out that Malin head is the most geographical northern point of the island of Ireland and it's in Donegal and also in Ulster, so surely it must be in Northern Ireland?

I should stop doing it really before I give one of them apoplexy, but as my mother was from the west of Ireland I find it irresistible. :D