It would all be so much better if women were in charge

I vividly remember 20 odd years ago, numerous prominent women saying that the UK's politics was run by men and it would be so much better if they (women) were in charge. Has this sage advice now been forgotten?

This is a bit tongue in cheek but I do think the likes of Sturgeon, May and now whats her face from the DUP have shown us that women are just as capable at ballsing things up when it comes to politics in the UK.

Edited by Berberis

Maybe now is not the best time for this thread....

Now is the perfect time for this thread, over 50% of the party leaders of the main parties are female, but the UK is less stable than ever.

Conservatives - Female Leader & Prime Minister of UK

Labour Party - Male Leader

SNP - Female Leader & First Minister of Scotland

Liberal Democrats - Male Leader

Plaid Cymru - Female Leader

Green Party - Male & Female Co Leader

UKIP - Male Leader & Previous Female Leader (Diane James)

Now is the perfect time for this thread, over 50% of the party leaders of the main parties are female, but the UK is less stable than ever.

Conservatives - Female Leader & Prime Minister of UK

Labour Party - Male Leader

SNP - Female Leader & First Minister of Scotland

Liberal Democrats - Male Leader

Plaid Cymru - Female Leader

Green Party - Male & Female Co Leader

UKIP - Male Leader & Previous Female Leader (Diane James)

Are you trying to blame woman now?

Woman convicted of war crimes:

One.

Men convicted of war crimes:

Over 100.

What point are either of making here? Anyone can pick a random period of history with enough blinkers on to make any point they like. Women are no to blame for the current mess than at any time in history. Both sexes have amazingly good people and amazingly bad ones, sadly at the moment, the amazingly bad ones seem to be running the show.

This maybe an impression, and not reflective of reality, but I have noticed in the last 20 years that there has been a huge emphasis of feminists away from ordinary women's issues, to talk about 'breaking the glass ceiling,' not just in terms of politics, but also the boardroom, finance, industry and the media (I suppose the establishment).

For me it's not that there are women in senior posts that would make a difference (there has been a number of crises in the establishment where women have held senior posts) - rather the systems themselves are flawed. It's an obvious point, but worth making, I think.

Are you trying to blame woman now?

Woman convicted of war crimes:

One.

Men convicted of war crimes:

Over 100.

What point are either of making here? Anyone can pick a random period of history with enough blinkers on to make any point they like. Women are no to blame for the current mess than at any time in history. Both sexes have amazingly good people and amazingly bad ones, sadly at the moment, the amazingly bad ones seem to be running the show.

Im not blaming women for anything, I'm just observing that at a time in the past politics was a male dominated profession. Today we have more female leaders of the top political parties than men, but our political system is no better or possibly less stable.

Im not blaming women for anything, I'm just observing that at a time in the past politics was a male dominated profession. Today we have more female leaders of the top political parties than men, but our political system is no better or possibly less stable.

It's just no better that's all. Men and women really aren't all that different once you remove the physical stuff, the rest is pretty much exclusively social constructs.