It would all be so much better if women were in charge

Not long ago I had the BBC Parliament channel on and there was some debate going on in the chamber; I can't remember exactly what it was about but it was probably specifically a women's issue because almost all the government and opposition front and back bench's having the debate were female.

Needless to say it was every bit as boisterous and yah-boo as when its mainly men, which I don't think is a bad thing, but it put to bed this silly notion that women, just by being women, somehow "improve" things. :loopy:

Men and women are just the same.

I vividly remember 20 odd years ago, numerous prominent women saying that the UK's politics was run by men and it would be so much better if they (women) were in charge. Has this sage advice now been forgotten?

This is a bit tongue in cheek but I do think the likes of Sturgeon, May and now whats her face from the DUP have shown us that women are just as capable at ballsing things up when it comes to politics in the UK.

The metropolitan elite who control this country's major institutions are increasingly obsessed with the ideology of identity politics and greatly desire people to be placed into positions of power and influence not because of their ability but due to a specific mode of categorisation.

The metropolitan elite who control this country's major institutions are increasingly obsessed with the ideology of identity politics and greatly desire people to be placed into positions of power and influence not because of their ability but due to a specific mode of categorisation.

Scared of women; seeks to control and disempower them...

Scared of women; seeks to control and disempower them...

Feminists seem to be the ones controlling women, from what i've seen.

Women can do anything... as long as it fits with the sisterhood's narrative. If it doesn't, they're puppets of the patriarchy!

Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson has announced that she is three months pregnant, just glad she is not in charge; would running the country be left until her maternity leave is over?

Perhaps rather than the veiled misogyny you could look up the Australian example.