It would all be so much better if women were in charge

Apparently the Scottish Government don't have such a thing for MSPs, I think they need to catch up say how much time a mother should spend with a new born.

Don't have what sort of thing? Deputies?

The Deputy Leader of the Scottish Conservatives is Jackson Carlaw.

I like women, but perhaps child birth is not compatible with having a full time job, because that is what bringing up baby is.

Leading the Conservatives in Scotland may be a push over, but when they hand the reins over to someone else, they may not want to give them back.

Obviously for men being a father isn't a full time job, because plenty of premiers have started a family or had an additional child and that's never worried you.

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 19:54 ----------

I the behaviour they portray is that of the fictional 'toxic masculinity'. Basically, if you can't beat them, join them.

Is it fictional then, or are they actually able to behave that way and join 'them'?

You seem conflicted.

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 19:56 ----------

Just someone who has different interests and views and who isn't afraid to air them. I don't want someone to agree with me and just go along with me for an easy life. I don't want to be with a pushover, someone who has no drive or ambition. I like someone who, if they see something in me, will push me to achieve things instead of just pandering to me in times of procrastination.

I'm attracted to strong personalities, both with friends and partners. I like people who are going to add an edge to my life rather than dull it.

I've no idea why you think that men who support feminism don't also like strong people.

Obviously for men being a father isn't a full time job, because plenty of premiers have started a family or had an additional child and that's never worried you.

Even Cherie Blair only worked part time after Leo was born, when her husband was PM.

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 19:54 ----------

Is it fictional then, or are they actually able to behave that way and join 'them'?

You seem conflicted.

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 19:56 ----------

I've no idea why you think that men who support feminism don't also like strong people.

Well, feminists seem to believe in a thing called 'toxic masculinity'. Apparently, this is men displayng masculine traits which are no longer considered positive in the modern day.

Considering the 'ladette' culture of the 90s, and the sheer aggression shown by 3rd wave feminazis, it would appear that, despite 'toxic masculinity', these feminists actually want to be men.

And of course they don't like strong people! If they did they wouldn't need safe spaces and we wouldn't have terms such as 'micro-aggressions'. Someone disagreeing with you isn't an issue unless you make it one.

I know what it is thanks, but you seem to be a bit confused, firstly you claim it doesn't exist, but then you claim that the feminists are joining "them", so it must exist for there to be someone to join.

Acknowledging that not everyone is strong and indeed that even strong people sometimes need a break isn't "not liking strong people".

Someone disagreeing with your fundamental rights to equality is an issue because they make it one by trying to stop you exercising those rights. It can be as small as some ignoramus saying that working is not compatible with being a mother for example.

I know what it is thanks, but you seem to be a bit confused, firstly you claim it doesn't exist, but then you claim that the feminists are joining "them", so it must exist for there to be someone to join.

Acknowledging that not everyone is strong and indeed that even strong people sometimes need a break isn't "not liking strong people".

Someone disagreeing with your fundamental rights to equality is an issue because they make it one by trying to stop you exercising those rights. It can be as small as some ignoramus saying that working is not compatible with being a mother for example.

I'm not saying toxic masculinity exists, i'm just using the feminist/SJW terminology. My point was, if being a man is so evil, why would so many women and feminists what to be like men?

And why do people like you want women to work themselves in to the ground? Not only are they expected to give birth, they're expected to get over it so quickly that they can get back to work asap. You don't want mother and baby to bond because when the argument of the woman breastfeeding comes up, it's fine - we'll just hook her up to a machine and milk her like cattle. That way the man can have a break from work to look after the kid using the mother's breastmilk while the mother, who is probably still quite hormonal from her body being under so much stress for 9 months, but as long as she earns the zeros that's all that matters.

It's a bit rubbish to deny nature in my humble opinion.

Yes, that was my point, you seem to within the space of one sentence claim that it doesn't and then does exist.

Nobody claimed that being a man was evil. Toxic masculinity describes a certain type of behaviour, not something that all men (or even most) exhibit.

The fact that you have to keep making up nonsense to support your misogyny is telling. I don't 'want' women to do anything. I'm happy to expect them to decide for themselves without you, me or el cid or society telling them what they can and can't and should and shouldn't do.

You use "human nature" as an tool to tell women how to behave instead of letting them choose for themselves.

Yes, that was my point, you seem to within the space of one sentence claim that it doesn't and then does exist.

Nobody claimed that being a man was evil. Toxic masculinity describes a certain type of behaviour, not something that all men (or even most) exhibit.

The fact that you have to keep making up nonsense to support your misogyny is telling. I don't 'want' women to do anything. I'm happy to expect them to decide for themselves without you, me or el cid or society telling them what they can and can't and should and shouldn't do.

You use "human nature" as an tool to tell women how to behave instead of letting them choose for themselves.

This is where we get cross thread issues - i'm not telling women what they can or can't do! But walk-on/grid girls have been affected because someone has taken offence and removed the choice of the individual from the chance to work.

You say you're happy for women to choose for themselves... yet the women who choose to do glamour work are being stopped from doing so because of people like your good self.

If people don't want to look at attractive women, don't look! But these women enjoy being paid to travel the world and advertise businesses, and people like to look at them.

Where's the equality in stopping women from doing what they want to do?

Let's break it down, why do you think that being a mother is a full time job but being a father isn't?

At birth being a mother is a full time job.

For sometime before and after birth, being a mother is a full time job.

Either side of the above being a mother can be a part-time job. But, for some, its a full time job.