It would all be so much better if women were in charge

Thatcher didn't start the war the Argies did.

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 19:18 ----------

If I buy a paper and the pose near naked it is my business,I am paying for them.

You're going to claim that it's your business, but ignore the nonsense about 99.9%.

I don't think you even have a point to be honest, you just fancied a dig at women, not behaving how you think they should. :roll:

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 07:35 ----------

All supposition on your part.

Do you know what supposition means?

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 07:36 ----------

The point is, sex sells! Beyonce has a made a career and a load of money by stripping down and shaking all she's got. No one is calling for her to be banned. Is she oppressed? Is it the straight white man forcing her to do it?

Sorry, still not seeing your point, how was that related to the topic that was being discussed?

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 07:37 ----------

OK, not representative of 'all women'...

But this is Beyonce Knowles - quite a famous lady, looking quite scantily clad whilst pregnant:

So what? Was this supposed to prove that 99.9% of women in the papers are scantily dressed?

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 07:40 ----------

This is where we get cross thread issues - i'm not telling women what they can or can't do! But walk-on/grid girls have been affected because someone has taken offence and removed the choice of the individual from the chance to work.

You say you're happy for women to choose for themselves... yet the women who choose to do glamour work are being stopped from doing so because of people like your good self.

You certainly seem to want to tell women what they can and can't do.

You also want to tell businesses that they SHOULD use sexualised women to sell their products.

Industries change, societal attitudes towards things change. Nobody gets the choice to work in the fields with a scythe cutting grain anymore, but to complain that choice has been taken away from people because of that is nonsense.

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 07:41 ----------

Err, right, so what? I don't know what point you think you're proving, but you've failed.

Let's break it down, why do you think that being a mother is a full time job but being a father isn't?

Where's El Cid anyway, he still needs to explain why being a father isn't a full time job, but being a mother is. :thumbsup:

Pretty much*, especially when it's an untrue generalisation, put there to bring women down and without any foundation as in this case.

*assuming you meant to say 'unoppressed'

No, i meant oppressed, because to SJWs and feminists, women are oppressed, even though they're also strong and independent.

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 09:01 ----------

You're going to claim that it's your business, but ignore the nonsense about 99.9%.

I don't think you even have a point to be honest, you just fancied a dig at women, not behaving how you think they should. :roll:

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 07:35 ----------

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 07:36 ----------

Sorry, still not seeing your point, how was that related to the topic that was being discussed?

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 07:37 ----------

So what? Was this supposed to prove that 99.9% of women in the papers are scantily dressed?

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 07:40 ----------

You certainly seem to want to tell women what they can and can't do.

You also want to tell businesses that they SHOULD use sexualised women to sell their products.

Industries change, societal attitudes towards things change. Nobody gets the choice to work in the fields with a scythe cutting grain anymore, but to complain that choice has been taken away from people because of that is nonsense.

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 07:41 ----------

Where's El Cid anyway, he still needs to explain why being a father isn't a full time job, but being a mother is. :thumbsup:

So, ignoring my ramblings that aren't connected to the title of this thread and bringing it back to the case in point... it appears that thrpughout history women have been just as bloodthirsty and ready to bring war as the men. So, i reckon it'd be a similar story if women were in charge today.

And when you have people like Sarah Palin striving for power, it seems that there will always be women with an appetite for weapons and war. Plus, more women are beginning to play sports once considered more masculine, so there is obviously a desire in the female of the species to be aggressive and competetive.

No, i meant oppressed, because to SJWs and feminists, women are oppressed, even though they're also strong and independent.

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 09:01 ----------

So, ignoring my ramblings that aren't connected to the title of this thread and bringing it back to the case in point... it appears that thrpughout history women have been just as bloodthirsty and ready to bring war as the men. So, i reckon it'd be a similar story if women were in charge today.

And when you have people like Sarah Palin striving for power, it seems that there will always be women with an appetite for weapons and war. Plus, more women are beginning to play sports once considered more masculine, so there is obviously a desire in the female of the species to be aggressive and competetive.

Are they?

Who would you say was the most bloodthirsty female warmonger?

The topic states that everything would be so much better if women were in positions of power, which infers that women have superior decision-making qualities to men. If so, they would have to manage and direct all the relevant commercial, political and civil organizations, including the Armed Forces, in order to realize that utopian goal. So, assuming that men have equal opportunities, how can this be achieved?

A few here to look at:

https://www.shughal.com/8-evil-vicious-female-rulers-history/

Also, this female pirate who was more successful than Blackbeard:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Shih

lol, so that's the justification for your claim "it appears that thrpughout history women have been just as bloodthirsty and ready to bring war as the men".

Excellent....:)

lol, so that's the justification for your claim "it appears that thrpughout history women have been just as bloodthirsty and ready to bring war as the men".

Excellent....:)

I'm not justifying it... just saying that it's not a done argument to say the world would be better if women were in charge. It may, it may not!

I'm not justifying it... just saying that it's not a done argument to say the world would be better if women were in charge. It may, it may not!

You made a claim "it appears that thrpughout history women have been just as bloodthirsty and ready to bring war as the men"

Your justification for that claim is weak to say the least, especially the pirate :)

Seriously though, what intellectual somersaults did you have to do to think that was remotely true, when the evidence points to the opposite?

I do yes. A belief held without proof or certain knowledge, which is how I would characterise Halibuts post that I was responding to.

Edited by Guest