Would you recognise branded clothes ?

It never bothered me. I used to buy Jordan basketball shoes exclusively and even that stopped at some point. What matters to me far more is the quality of the garment and what the price is. For work I am usually in chinos (M&S, Farah, whatever I can get my hands on that is comfortable and well made) and shirts (Double Two usually, only ones that make shirts that fit me well and have a good quality).

When not at work I wear anything I feel comfy in, whether it is Tesco own brand or some sort of spiffy number from a posh shop.

For my suits I am quite limited by my sizing and that is a shame as I would like to own a nice Armani at some point.

Depends. I can tell a good quality Crombie style coat from a bad one but not necessarily if it's a genuine Crombie or say a Paul Smith "copy."

Same for Harrington jackets, Perfectos, flight jackets, trench coats etc all of which are still made by the original companies but also by designer names and high-street brands.

A Ben Sherman Harrington is about 90 quid, a proper Baracuta nearer 300. I'd be able to tell from the lining if it was a Baracuta but not from across a bar if the chap or chapess is wearing it.

Edited by Pinkman

I'm all for people buying them or wearing them, but if we were in a meeting could you tell my suit was Armani or say a Skopes branded quality suit ?
Possibly about the Armani, but not about the Skopes, I'm not familiar with them.

For suits, I've long been a Karl Lagerfeld man (I'm in it once or twice a week on average), and Pierre Cardin for daily use. They just agree with me ('perfect' 34, or so I'm told).

No watch, no other jewellery than the wedding ring, shirts are Ralph Lauren, YSL or Mise Au Green, ties are a mix but mostly Hermes.

At home, as scruffy as I can get away with (making up for being suited and booted and close-shaved once to twice daily all week), though I have an affinity for my Sh*teshirt when going out (...to some places, not all places). Vulgar, me? :hihi:

Edited by L00b

Guest makapaka

I've always bought decent brand jeans and coats as I think it's apparent when they are cheap - t shirts pumps shirts etc I get from anywhere.

Possibly about the Armani, but not about the Skopes, I'm not familiar with them.

For suits, I've long been a Karl Lagerfeld man (I'm in it once or twice a week on average), and Pierre Cardin for daily use. They just agree with me ('perfect' 34, or so I'm told).

No watch, no other jewellery than the wedding ring, shirts are Ralph Lauren, YSL or Mise Au Green, ties are a mix but mostly Hermes.

At home, as scruffy as I can get away with (making up for being suited and booted and close-shaved once to twice daily all week), though I have an affinity for my Sh*teshirt when going out (...to some places, not all places). Vulgar, me? :hihi:

That's all very well but what happened on today's Patty Winters show?

That's all very well but what happened on today's Patty Winters show?
Had to Google that. Never seen the movie, been told it was utter tripe and took the critics at their word, so couldn't tell you I'm afraid :(

Had to Google that. Never seen the movie, been told it was utter tripe and took the critics at their word, so couldn't tell you I'm afraid :(

Yeah it is. The book is good though....I can't even remember if the Patty Winters bit features in the film.....

Today's Patty Winters show was about small men that look big, but only if they are far away.