Help ive been thrown off my college course

I was dismissed from my apprenticeship due to sickness (I had an accident)and was informed by the sheffield college that I had 4 weeks to find a new placement (in a pharmacy)

I found a new placement and attended the college to obtain a letter with regards to my course,i was informed at the college that my course was discontinued due to my performance.

I have not had any letters or meetings with course leaders

All my assighnments are up todate and this is the first time i have had any performance related negative feedback

I feel that i have been discriminated against as my previous line manager who dismissed me is friends with my tutor.

Can i appeal to anyone ?

I am thinking of writing to my MP as I only have 6 months left on my course

Is there anyone i can contact for legal advise?

Please help

Thankyou

I was dismissed from my apprenticeship due to sickness (I had an accident)and was informed by the sheffield college that I had 4 weeks to find a new placement (in a pharmacy)

I found a new placement and attended the college to obtain a letter with regards to my course,i was informed at the college that my course was discontinued due to my performance.

All my assighnments are up todate and this is the first time i have had any performance related negative feedback

I feel that i have been discriminated against as my previous line manager who dismissed me is friends with my tutor.

Can i appeal to anyone ?

Please help

Thankyou

citizens advice?

If the college felt that you were under performing in anyway, they should have talked to you informally first to give you a chance for your performance to improve.

In any event, write a letter to the Principal of Sheffield College, and possibly copy in the head of Governors. Let them know you wish to make a complaint, and would like to try and resolve it informally. You can check the College's website for their complaints policy.

If you feel the response is unsatisfactory, or they do not contact you try this route:

https://www.gov.uk/complainfurthereducationapprenticeship

Hope things work out for you.

Edited by Mister M

Can i appeal to anyone ?

Please help

Thankyou

Yes you can complain, but i suggest you.

Collect all documents relating to your dismissal/ removal.

Speak to an adviser at the SU/ CAB/ Law centre or speak to the ACAS helpline.

Dont submit until you have advice. Check for any deadlline. It may be your continuance on the college course is dependent upon you being on the apprenticeship as your funding might have been withdrawn.

Its important someone looks at it to understand whats happened in order to give you best advice.

Their complaint procedure is here

https://www.sheffcol.ac.uk/media/editor/Public%20Documents/Complaints/003_TSC_Complaints_Procedure_2016_Final.pdf

and here

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdR1qQ9BCX4x6bkpnlUVoXe5nejzzTtXAXDgL5RlBCj80VfPw/viewform?c=0&w=1

Having some insider knowledge if this I can confirm that your first course of action should be through the college formal complaints procedure.

If you exhaust that and are still not satisfied with the outcome you can escalate it to the Education and Skills Funding Agency who are responsible for funding and oversight of training providers. But they will only check that the college have followed their complaints procedure correctly and made a suitable judgement, they will not step in until the college have had chance to complete their processes.

If you write to your MP they will simply inform you of this process. So save yourself some time and go straight to the college.