Holiday time but hate flying!

Did you think of not bullying her into doing something that she hates?

There are other ways to travel, and other ways to show respect to another human being.

Hang on a min, you know nothing about their situation, accusing another poster of domestic abuse because of a single post on a thread is out of order. Perhaps he'd tried suggesting holidays without flying but she wants to go even though she hates flying?

---------- Post added 13-06-2017 at 10:43 ----------

I don't like flying much but I love seeing the world so it's a grin and bear it for me. I'd be quite early in the queue when someone invents a teleporter!

They say flying is one of the safest methods of transport. You have more chance of been killed on the journey to the airport than from a plane crash.

You've more chance of being struck by lightning and winning the lottery I suspect.

My partner has flown many long and short haul flights but in recent years has taken a total dislike to the extent that she won't fly at all, we have had some great holidays in Devon, Norfolk and Dorset.

She's starting to come round to the idea again now and we are planning a short flight soon.

You can also travel a lot in Europe by rail, many European countries do rail passes that allow you to travel around as much as you like and some also give you free/discounted entry to museums, galleries and the like. You can get there by rail or ferry.

Cruises would be another good alternative if you didn't want to fly.

You can also travel a lot in Europe by rail, many European countries do rail passes that allow you to travel around as much as you like and some also give you free/discounted entry to museums, galleries and the like. You can get there by rail or ferry.

Cruises would be another good alternative if you didn't want to fly.

My wife keeps mentioning cruises - but i know some of the people that go on cruises and they aren't the sort i'd like to associate. Just like the Rob Brydon type or whoever does P&O.

Did you think of not bullying her into doing something that she hates?

There are other ways to travel, and other ways to show respect to another human being.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :hihi::hihi::hihi:

She booked it and paid for it, is that okay with you?

---------- Post added 13-06-2017 at 13:40 ----------

What an odious post.

Perhaps his wife likes going on holiday but hates the flying part and at her insistence is happy to support her through the part of the journey she doesn't like.

Must be horrible being so judgemental and full of bile.

This is exactly the situation and thank you for seeing what I meant without jumping to an awful conclusion like Sibon did with his totally pointless post.

Edited by Danny_Boy

My wife keeps mentioning cruises - but i know some of the people that go on cruises and they aren't the sort i'd like to associate. Just like the Rob Brydon type or whoever does P&O.

:hihi: yes my mum and dad love cruises but they are in their 70s!

I'm not scared of flying, I just find it a bit tedious if the flight's more than 2 or 3 hours. My husband on the other hand spent his working life jetting around the world, often very long haul, and now he's retired he doesn't want to bother with it. So now we holiday in the UK, we're having a week each in Kent, Swaledale and the New Forest this year. If I do go abroad I go with my son, in the last few years we've been to New York (twice) and Rome.