First bus app. Why isn't it accurate?

The first bus app claims to track buses and gives accurate arrival times but I've noticed that often buses which are shown as tracked simply don't turn up. Does anyone else have experience of this or know why and how it can happen?

The first bus app claims to track buses and gives accurate arrival times but I've noticed that often buses which are shown as tracked simply don't turn up. Does anyone else have experience of this or know why and how it can happen?

Same with the Stagecoach one. I have lost count of the amount of times I have turned up at a stop with the bus showing 3 mins away. 5 mins later it still hasn't come and is showing 1 min away... then disappears from the tracker.

Thing is a mate of mine uses a 3rd person bus tracking app. The other day we were at a stop. My Stagecoach app showed the bus 2 mins away. His 3rd party app showed 5 mins away. Guess which was correct? I asked Stagecoach how this could happen. They said they would 'look into it'.