Towering inferno in London

Guest makapaka
So a builder can design and construct such an important project without inspection times must have changed.

You're confusing specification and inspection.

There's a fire in Bethnal Green today. I lived in a flat on the floor below in the same block a while ago.

I would bet my right kidney that is a copycat attack and someone trying to get rehoused/compo.

i am waiting for the masses of spurious compo claims that a unidentified illegal or unidentifiable relative etc was in the building which are likely to start very soon:suspect:

The Government has confirmed that victims of the Grenfell Tower tragedy will be hit by the bedroom tax if they are re-homed somewhere bigger than what they need:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/24/grenfell-tower-victims-could-be-stung-by-bedroom-tax-after-being-rehoused-6731737/

I doubt if that will happen as nearly all these flats are 2 bed-roomed and there is a shortage of 3 bedroom accommodation elsewhere. One of the supposed reasons the bedroom tax was introduce in the first place was to get people to downsize. What should be known is just how many single people in these flats already pay the bedroom tax.

I have removed yet more posts that were personal attacks / bickering / point scoring or otherwise unsuitable.

So everybody is clear, we are not going to tolerate this nor are we going to put up with racism or victim blaming. If you are going to indulge yourself in these areas you will find your accounts suspended

In Scotland they tightened fire regulations in 2005, and they have not found any of the same insulation panels.

Another thing that the Scottish Government do better(no prescription charges, no uni charges and other things).

In Scotland they tightened fire regulations in 2005, and they have not found any of the same insulation panels.

Another thing that the Scottish Government do better(no prescription charges, no uni charges and other things).

Wonder if they would do so much better without us English subbing them.

I think its time the Barnett formula gets a shake up.

This is not an us and them government issue here. The cause, failures, breaches, liability, litigation and redress is all still to be determined. Government is only one tiny cog in this catastrophic CHAIN of failures. This involves everyone from the manufacturer of the fridge to the highest office of the Prime Minister.

To simplify it to a mere Scotland is better than us is rediculous.

Edited by ECCOnoob