Towering inferno in London

Slagging off the Tories and virtue signalling is respectful is it? You don't think I feel sickened by this absurd loss of life in modern Britain?

Who have I defended apart from saying I doubt it was a government minister of any flavour that signed off that building?

I wasnt getting at you specifically, which is why I made my original post about this standalone.

If you have chosen to be paranoid and self-identify as somebody mounting a political defence then that isn't my problem.

PM has just announced a full public inquiry into the disaster.

She's also ordered a new carpet so anything that pinpoints the blame to the TMO can be swept under it. There will be no heads rolling, there will be no lessons learned. The block will be demolished.....and the land will be used for private development. My own view is that nothing short of a corporate manslaughter charge should come from this......but it won't.....will it.

I wasnt getting at you specifically, which is why I made my original post about this standalone.

If you have chosen to be paranoid and self-identify as somebody mounting a political defence then that isn't my problem.

If you don't want to bring politics into it don't make sweeping statements and then tell everyone else not to because it's disrespectful.

I'm neither paranoid nor mounting a defence of the government. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in your post.

She's also ordered a new carpet so anything that pinpoints the blame to the TMO can be swept under it. There will be no heads rolling, there will be no lessons learned. The block will be demolished.....and the land will be used for private development. My own view is that nothing short of a corporate manslaughter charge should come from this......but it won't.....will it.

Thats more than likely what will happen, until the next disaster for us to learn lessons from occurs.

You know being charged doesn't mean guilty don't you? Only that the CPS think there is sufficient likelihood of the charged being found guilty?

Maybe before you inflict your cynicism on the forum you should gain a better understanding of our legal framework.

If you don't want to bring politics into it don't make sweeping statements and then tell everyone else not to because it's disrespectful.

I'm neither paranoid nor mounting a defence of the government. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in your post.

I want politics to be kept out of it. That's the point.

My own view is that nothing short of a corporate manslaughter charge should come from this......but it won't.....will it.

A view that will be shared by others. The police have said the HSE are now involved so there is every opportunity for this to happen once an investigation has opened.

I want politics to be kept out of it. That's the point.

That's funny because you said the Tories will have a lot to answer for and then told everyone to shut up about politics.

You could have just said let's keep the politics out of it.

Hence my use of the word hypocrisy.

That's funny because you said the Tories will have a lot to answer for and then told everyone to shut up about politics.

You could have just said let's keep the politics out of it.

Hence my use of the word hypocrisy.

They will......but later