Towering inferno in London

Jesus Christ.

People have died and their bodies are yet to be fully recovered and already this has descended into tit for tat argument over Corbyn vs May and now HS2 has been brought into it.

This is not a bloody politics argument have some respect.

every little decision made governing our lives is political, sometimes good decisions, sometimes bad decisions.

we believe a lot of BAD decisions were made which lead to a massive loss of life.

thats important (especially, so it CANNOT happen again)

Neoliberals will select from a menu of complete intransigence, selective deafness or the direction of venomous contempt towards anyone who seeks to challenge their lucrative wheezes. Then, when those wheezes subsequently kill people, they will bluster about how disrespectful it is to draw attention to their failings whilst their victims are still laying in the smouldering ruins. And subsequently they will wriggle out of any responsibility and work hard to prevent any regulatory response that might hamper their freedom to reoffend.

After the findings relating to the fatal flat fire at Lakanal House in 2009 were published, the then Communities Secretary and notorious neoliberal thug Eric Pickles said that he was committed to making the safety of high-rise residents a 'priority'. Well clearly that didn't happen, and now we are left as a nation in shock as countless families grieve for their appalling loss and another community is torn apart.

Edited by Staunton

This is why people are angry, why its political, and why theres currently a protest in London

Chris Imafidon, whose home overlooks Grenfell Tower, addressed the crowd and held up a poster of a missing child and a piece of scorched cladding.

"I'm not here because I support the Tories, Labour or Liberals," he said.

"I'm here because this child ... on Tuesday went to bed and now nobody knows where this child is."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40312217

I must acknowledge that I was surprised by the sheer incompetence of Theresa May's election campaign as I watched its slow, humiliating disintegration. But that did not even begin to prepare me for the astonishing spectacle of the tories' inability to respond to this horror. The wretched conservatives even manage to make the execrable Tony Blair look like a statesman. At least he knew how to conduct himself in a disaster, however insincere he might have been.

Jesus Christ.

People have died and their bodies are yet to be fully recovered and already this has descended into tit for tat argument over Corbyn vs May and now HS2 has been brought into it.

This is not a bloody politics argument have some respect.

I agree with what you write. As a nation we are losing our way. I have never known anything like this before, after national tragedies have happened.

I agree with what you write. As a nation we are losing our way. I have never known anything like this before, after national tragedies have happened.

But isn't it up to May to provide leadership?

She's been useless. She doesn't know what to do or what to say.

For all his faults Cameron was fairly strong in these situations, and even Clegg was an able deputy when the Pressure was really trurned up.

What has happened to May? She's supposed to be strong and stable.

Edited by I1L2T3
Reworded

Neoliberals will select from a menu of complete intransigence, selective deafness or the direction of venomous contempt towards anyone who seeks to challenge their lucrative wheezes. Then, when those wheezes subsequently kill people, they will bluster about how disrespectful it is to draw attention to their failings whilst their victims are still laying in the smouldering ruins. And subsequently they will wriggle out of any responsibility and work hard to prevent any regulatory response that might hamper their freedom to reoffend.

After the findings relating to the fatal flat fire at Lakanal House in 2009 were published, the then Communities Secretary and notorious neoliberal thug Eric Pickles said that he was committed to making the safety of high-rise residents a 'priority'. Well clearly that didn't happen, and now we are left as a nation in shock as countless families grieve for their appalling loss and another community is torn apart.

Excellent post, I made a comment some years ago that the greed of the ruling classes was more of a threat to us than any terrorist organisation or ecological catastrophe could ever be.

But isn't it up to May to provide leadership?

She's been useless. She doesn't know what to do or what to say.

For all his faults Cameron was fairly strong in these situations, and even Clegg was an able deputy when the Pressure was really trurned up.

What has happened to May? She's supposed to be strong and stable.

May was told what to do and say by her 2 stooges,now binned,what good is she now,when before she was the mouthpiece for these 2.There's no enemy here,like the EU or Corbyn for her to rally everybody against,she's got to find words that show empathy,compassion,a willingness to admit that politicians are guilty,as well as other public servants for not listening to citizens concerns.Prime Ministers question time antics don't cut it when you actually have to interact with the public in real time,it's the true test of a politician,what sorts the wheat from the chaff.

May was told what to do and say by her 2 stooges,now binned,what good is she now,when before she was the mouthpiece for these 2.There's no enemy here,like the EU or Corbyn for her to rally everybody against,she's got to find words that show empathy,compassion,a willingness to admit that politicians are guilty,as well as other public servants for not listening to citizens concerns.Prime Ministers question time antics don't cut it when you actually have to interact with the public in real time,it's the true test of a politician,what sorts the wheat from the chaff.

even Michael Portillo said

Former Conservative minister Michael Portillo said on Thursday that, although she had met in private with members of the emergency services, she should have met Grenfell Tower residents, as Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn did.

she is nothing, a weak leader, nothing she does or say is of any use. just like during the election, there was nothing, a weak manifesto, weak public interactions.

even Michael Portillo said

she is nothing, a weak leader, nothing she does or say is of any use. just like during the election, there was nothing, a weak manifesto, weak public interactions.

So what you're saying is that there is no room for anyone in top level politics that isn't a rough and tumble loudmouth? bare in mind Theresa May is a middle aged lady......lady, not a <removed> like, say Caroline Flint.

Edited by Guest
masked swearing