Towering inferno in London

People feel they have to push the race/religion angle as certain minority groups get abuse when a person from 'their' group does something wrong, so why shouldn't they get the credit when someone goes right? You can't have it both ways (not saying you specifically!)

The only religious angle to this horror that's worth a light is to ask where was he? Busy working in mysterious ways again I suppose.

Ive had to stop reading about it, its just heartbreaking to read and tears me up thinking about the terror, the pain and the suffering people (yet to be found) mustve gone through.

Ive read of parents throwing children out 15 stories up, 1 woman dropping her baby from about floor 10 and a "hero" stepping forward to catch it, imagine that, one false move and it dies right in front of you, that would live in the mind forever.

People banging on windows screaming for help, including kids, and minutes later the last place they were was engulfed in flames.

I read stories that anybody above about floor 4 stood no chance of getting down the stairwells as they were in pitchblackness, full of thick smoke, and probably dead bodies youd fall over.

Really is a nightmare situation, hell on earth :(

It really has gone massively wrong and anybody found to be complicit needs shooting, literly shooting.

It has been said that the Government have failed to update fire regulations, in the wake of previous fires.

Theresa Mays advisor is one of those that failed to act.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/14/theresa-mays-new-advisor-failed-to-review-fire-regulations-in-blocks-like-grenfell-tower-6708444/

Along with the promised review into funding of Islamist groups and mosques in the UK that the government has supressed. This stuff makes me so angry. You might think the point of government is to make things better, but not according to the last housing minister Brandon Lewis, who didn't see why government should legislate to retro-fit sprinklers in tower blocks. They seem to tolerate deaths rather than modify their extreme free market dogma.

Along with the promised review into funding of Islamist groups and mosques in the UK that the government has supressed. This stuff makes me so angry. You might think the point of government is to make things better, but not according to the last housing minister Brandon Lewis, who didn't see why government should legislate to retro-fit sprinklers in tower blocks. They seem to tolerate deaths rather than modify their extreme free market dogma.

It was a similar situation with the Lakanal fire. Labour government, same result.

My bold=

The insulation is used to meet Govt targets for Energy performance and is not done for cosmetic purposes.

If you don't meet minimum levels you can't rent out the property....

Rubbish it is just as easy to insulate the interior walls as the exterior

Many blocks of flats around Sheffield are still brick clad , the plastic or aluminium cladding that has reared its ugly head over the last twenty years is just cheap cover.

Park Hill and Brookhill are prime examples.