Towering inferno in London

Just watching this

in the wake of grenfell tower this possible tower collapse is shocking, the guy on the right in the picture shows how the blocks are / should be built, apparently they cut corners and the whole lot could collapse like one in 1968.

An inquiry should be held and anybody found to be guilty of incorrectly building these tower blocks should be taken to court, putting lives in danger for decades

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Just watching this

in the wake of grenfell tower this possible tower collapse is shocking, the guy on the right in the picture shows how the blocks are / should be built, apparently they cut corners and the whole lot could collapse like one in 1968.

An inquiry should be held and anybody found to be guilty of incorrectly building these tower blocks should be taken to court, putting lives in danger for decades

That would be Ronan Point I'd guess (collapse was  partial - 4 killed).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Point

6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

That would be Ronan Point I'd guess (collapse was  partial - 4 killed).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Point

yup, before my time, but it shows the aftermath in my clip, massive panels of concrete falling on you aint good.

Clip about Ronan point here

Edited by melthebell

• 3 years later...
3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Don't worry. Nobody important died.

Just a bunch of low income plebs so the chances of anyone being held accountable and doing serious jail time is slim to none.

It’s an absolute abomination isn’t it. Rich people hiding behind a never ending public inquiry.

If they can kick the can for another couple of years, most of the people responsible will be comfortably retired.

On 14/06/2017 at 14:59, sgtkate said:

It just shows how appalling the 219 MPs who voted down a bill to make sure all housing was 'fit for human habitation' really are.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-vote-down-law-requiring-landlords-make-their-homes-fit-for-human-habitation-a6809691.html

Low and behold, 72 of those MPs are registered landlords...

2 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It’s an absolute abomination isn’t it. Rich people hiding behind a never ending public inquiry.

If they can kick the can for another couple of years, most of the people responsible will be comfortably retired.

Absolutely is. To me it shows the utter contempt the upper class have for us mear mortals.

Speaking of 72, take a look at the post from @sgtkate 

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Public Inquiry has reported  - MPs and families of bereaved and survivors are responding.

Listened as the overview of findings were read out. 

Shocking!

It sounds like some people might need to worry about going to prison.

Edited by Bamanamanana