Fed up of selfish people having fires

I think that you may need to brush up on your understanding of 'nuisance' as it applies to such fires.

A single occurrence will not be defined as 'nuisance'.

This thread isn't about a single occurrence if you read the original post. It is about regular garden bonfires affecting residents with smoke which is a nuisance.

This thread isn't about a single occurrence if you read the original post. It is about regular garden bonfires affecting residents with smoke which is a nuisance.

I am perfectly well aware of the subject of the thread.

Your post was inaccurate and my response still stands.

I am perfectly well aware of the subject of the thread.

Your post was inaccurate and my response still stands.

Well I don't think it was inaccurate in response to the question which was regarding regular fires.

But I am not interested in petty point scoring, the main point of this thread is to try and encourage people not to light bonfires that effect their neighbours by filling their homes and gardens with smoke.

It's no much consolation if this occurs as a one off but still ruins your day..... or night if the smoke is seeping in through bedroom window. Particularly if you get a number of one offs from different residents.

It's consideration to your neighbour that is the key and as I said previously it's not really possible to have a garden bonfire and not effect neighbours, unless you live some distance away.

But incredibly so many people think they are can have bonfires and are oblivious to the smoke emissions drifting all over the place.

I don't live on a farm and am adjacent to neighbours.

I am allowed to have a bonfire.

Your post was inaccurate and your subsequent post was critical and in the manner of point scoring which rendered your further post hypocritical.

Full house!

I don't live on a farm and am adjacent to neighbours.

I am allowed to have a bonfire.

Your post was inaccurate and your subsequent post was critical and in the manner of point scoring which rendered your further post hypocritical.

Full house!

You can have a bonfire only if you do not cause a nuisance to neighbours ......or you could just decide irrespective of nuisance to put others before yourself and dispose or your waste in a proper manner rather than burn it.

A couple of years ago I rang Sheffield environmental services about the best way to get rid of my garden waste, I was advised that burning it was a good option, I was also told that the after 6pm rule that is often banded about was just a myth.

I tend now to just have a fire, on Nov 5th or over the Guy Fawkes weekend.

You can have a bonfire only if you do not cause a nuisance to neighbours ......or you could just decide irrespective of nuisance to put others before yourself and dispose or your waste in a proper manner rather than burn it.

Why are you continuing to post?

The whole issue was clarified ages ago.

I like to have a log fire outside on a summers evening on occasion. say 8-9pm. If anyone has their washing out I don't mind if they bring it in at the same time. The noise of dogs barking does disturb my fire making though. That's more of a nuisance than a bit of woodsmoke if you ask me.