Air conditioning

This few weeks every year when it's actually hot and rather close, I consider investing a few hundred quid in an air conditioning unit for the bedroom, just to make it easier to sleep...

It can live in the utility room the rest of the time, and maybe do double duty as a de humidifier.

Anyone else think the same, or has actually gone and done it?

This few weeks every year when it's actually hot and rather close, I consider investing a few hundred quid in an air conditioning unit for the bedroom, just to make it easier to sleep...

It can live in the utility room the rest of the time, and maybe do double duty as a de humidifier.

Anyone else think the same, or has actually gone and done it?

We got one about five year ago. Used it last night. It gets the bedroom really cool in a matter of minutes but as been said they are noisy.

Considering a DIY solution. Comprising, 2 x 120mm PC case fans, a cool box or container or bucket, a ton of ice....

Better off using 2 x 200mm fans as they spin slower, create a better air flow and are less noisy. But I agree with aliceBB and would go for a 16" oscillating fan which would cost around £15.

Edited by apelike

I have twelve air conditioning units at Area 51 and a Half™ … they're called 'windows'.

got it in one alco.

a few years ago in crete. air conditioning in the bedroom, lovely, put it on at night, nice and cool, brill. work up next morning, terrible stiff neck. load of rubbish.