Van mows down pedestrians near London mosque

Good post, the sooner some people are brave enough to admit this we may start seeing a solution of sorts, more likely you'll be accused of being racist though.

If a person describes Muslims as a whole as akin to some kind of malign virus that is only harmless if kept in check in small enough concentrations, they can expect to be compared with a Jew-hating German from the 1930s at the very least, yes.

Islamism is a relatively new phenomenon and is far from an inevitable feature of Muslim populations in Europe or anywhere else. Ideologies come and go; Pan-Arabism was all the rage in the 1940s and 1950s but it died a death. There is absolutely no inevitability of Islamism having traction - a big step towards its death would be the shutting off its main source of ideology and funds from Saudi Arabia. Yet the UK government seems very reluctant to stop the influence of Saudi Wahabbism, probably because they see the occasional Islamist atrocity as a price worth paying for large arms purchases by the Saudi military. Similarly, Donald Trump went to the mid-East and railed against the exporters of Islamic terrorism - but he was talking about Iran when the real culprits were stood right behind him! But then they had just agreed to buy $110bn of armaments.

Capitalism is allowing Islamism to flourish through its prioritising of arms sales to mid-Eastern dictatorships and cack-handed approach to foreign policy, which is also driven by the corporate profit motive.

I'm guessing some restrictions on who can hire a van might be on the way. Presumably it would be fairly easy for DVLA to compile a barred list that can be electronically checked against at the point of hire.

Possibly, but if a list were in place beforehand would this man have been on it?

Islamism is a relatively new phenomenon and is far from an inevitable feature of Muslim populations in Europe or anywhere else.

I'm afraid I can't agree with this. Every country with majority of muslim population struggles with human rights. The ideology oppress equality of women, gays, non-believers, etc. Even muslims in Europe think Sharia should be implemented. And many of them act aggressive if they feel their religion is offended.

I'm afraid I can't agree with this. Every country with majority of muslim population struggles with human rights. The ideology oppress equality of women, gays, non-believers, etc. Even muslims in Europe think Sharia should be implemented. And many of them act aggressive if they feel their religion is offended.

What about Burma, China, Mexico etc that are not majority Muslim and they suffer human rights abuses?

Women are equal in Islam and maybe you should research it properly before spouting the propaganda you have been fed that you cherry pick to use.

Gay people are frowned upon in the bible and other religious scriptures too but it seems Islam is the only one that seems to be held to account over it by your sort.

---------- Post added 21-06-2017 at 13:27 ----------

The son of the van hire company has been arrested for posting offensive remarks on Facebook in regards to this attack= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40347813

It's about time xenaphobic keyboard warriors like this are pulled in, hopefully that preacher of hate Tommy Robinson and those two Britain face gate preachers will also get a tug.

What about Burma, China, Mexico etc that are not majority Muslim and they suffer human rights abuses?

Women are equal in Islam and maybe you should research it properly before spouting the propaganda you have been fed that you cherry pick to use.

Gay people are frowned upon in the bible and other religious scriptures too but it seems Islam is the only one that seems to be held to account over it by your sort.

Yes, there are other countries where human rights are abused and usually some flawed ideology is behind that. Islam is just one of those ideologies.

Women are not equal in Islam, just a few examples: domestic abuse on women is accepted, polygamy is accepted, underage marriage is accepted, genital mutilation is accepted, conditions of inheritance or divorce are different for men and women, etc.

It would really make me happy if you could disprove this.

Yes, other religions also show inequality of women or frowning upon gays. However it seems that these views are not projected in the society or laws. Also, those religious views are also subjects of jokes and insults (which only muslims can't accept as it seems).

---------- Post added 21-06-2017 at 15:19 ----------

The son of the van hire company has been arrested for posting offensive remarks on Facebook in regards to this attack= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40347813

It's about time xenaphobic keyboard warriors like this are pulled in, hopefully that preacher of hate Tommy Robinson and those two Britain face gate preachers will also get a tug.

That guy is a total idiot and such remarks were wrong.

That being said, the arrest has surprised me. I thought that standard procedure of authorities is either ignoring such remarks or putting the person on some sort of list. Certainly not confinement because that can upset some communities, as we've recently heard from security minister.

Edited by Branyy

---------- Post added 21-06-2017 at 13:27 ----------

I hope they include hate preachers and anybody marching with terrorist flags also get pulled in, they'll need a large containment area.

Women are NOT equal in Islam.

I hope they include hate preachers and anybody marching with terrorist flags also get pulled in, they'll need a large containment area.

Women are NOT equal in Islam.

Correct.........

Since when have you two been experts in Islam?

Tommy Robinson is no expert either so stop taking lessons from the likes of him....:rolleyes:

Your response suggests that you don't know what Islamism, as opposed to Islam, is. Islamism is something that we all need to understand the meaning of these days.