Van mows down pedestrians near London mosque

My understanding from the news sources i listen to is -

a gentleman was being treated by outside a mosque by party of other people, the vehicle then drove into the crowd.

It doesn't appear cut and dried if the death was caused by the incident, hence the reluctance to release much news by the police as it wasn't clear.

It wasn't originally classified as a terrorist incident until the media began to fan the flames.

a gentleman was being treated by outside a mosque by party of other people, the vehicle then drove into the crowd.

It doesn't appear cut and dried if the death was caused by the incident, hence the reluctance to release much news by the police as it wasn't clear.

It wasn't originally classified as a terrorist incident until the media began to fan the flames.

The London police commander says it was clearly an attack on Muslims = http://www.fox25boston.com/news/london-police-commander-says-attack-near-finsbury-park-mosque-was-clearly-an-attack-on-muslims/535672187

The media is responsible for making it into a terrorist incident then?,Don't the police have a say in it?

I've sort of suspected this might happen for a while, let’s hope it’s the action of a single misguided lunatic rather than the start of a trend.

Trouble is, apparently 16% of terrorism arrests to March this year is domestic extremism, apparently

Ie:- right wing extremism is on the rise

Trouble is, apparently 16% of terrorism arrests to March this year is domestic extremism, apparently

Ie:- right wing extremism is on the rise

Not sure what you would class as "domestic exremism" and what the offences were.

I've sort of suspected this might happen for a while, let’s hope it’s the action of a single misguided lunatic rather than the start of a trend.

One thing that was quite remarkable and worth commending in my opinion was that the people who apprehended the suspect handed him over to the police to be arrested rather then lynch him on the spot.

If we start getting tit for tat reprisals as a trend then I believe no one will gain from it and it's not the way we need to be heading as this is what the extremists on both sides want....

One thing that was quite remarkable and worth commending in my opinion was that the people who apprehended the suspect handed him over to the police to be arrested rather then lynch him on the spot.

If we start getting tit for tat reprisals as a trend then I believe no one will gain from it and it's not the way we need to be heading as this is what the extremists on both sides want....

Absolutely. I hope the Imam who stepped in is given some sort or recognition.

Whoever they were need the highest commendation and shows much more about their character than the idiot who did the attack.

It was classified as a terrorist incident once it became clear that a man deliberately drove a van at a group of muslims whilst shouting anti-muslim things. The media had nothing to do with it's classification.

The fact that the person who died was being given CPR at the time and the resultant uncertainty about the cause of death is the reason the incident is currently being investigated as suspected attempted murder.