The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I thought Trump was okay when he was interviewed by

Pierce Morgan.

Sadiq Khan and Corbyn should stop trying to deter him from coming to this country. It’s friends we want after Brexit. He is the President Of America.

As Morgan pointed out in the interview we have welcomed a lot worse than Trump into the country over the years.

A lot of people said Trump wouldn’t be here in a years time, he’s proved them wrong, and he’s not been impeached so far, as also predicted.

Trump puts America first.

Trump.Puts.America.First.

Daylight is second (I was going to put clear blue sky second but as he's bailed out of a climate agreement, that's not on his list of priorities). Then on his list of priorities are:

Russia

China

North Korea

Mexico

The EU

Canada

UK. Maybe.

Oh and Twitter, can't forget that. He will not set up a favourable trade deal with anyone, let alone us. America is the senior partner so America First. If you can point to a fair business deal he's done, I'd love to see it. He's quite happy to hold Mays hand but is already undermining her saying he'd do brexit differently because it puts her on the back foot (not hard admittedly) and it puts America first. I'm no fan of corbyn, but if he wants to say something about trump - say it. Khan, I quite like. I'd love to be a fly on the wall if he met trump.

But please get the idea out of your head that trump - on the back of a populist America first campaign - will do us a good deal if we walk on eggshells, don't criticise him as we hobble around the world stage after shooting ourselves in both feet by leaving the eu and electing a weak government. He won't, he will put America first.

We don’t really know what will happen when we leave the EU, and as for Trump putting his own country first can you blame him? Pitty our Government couldn’t do the same. We may not get a good deal, but if Obama was still President we wouldn’t get any deal, didn’t he say the UK would have to go to the back of the queue if we leave the EU. Thank heavens he isn’t the president and Clinton didn’t win the election with her husband Bill supporting her, the man who had sex in the Oval Office with Monica a young woman at the time.

Has Trump really got the power to offer us a deal. I don’t understand American politics, but surely it is up to Congress or what ever it’s called to decide what deal they will offer the UK?

Some say Trump is a dangerous man, but he is no more dangerous than Bush, the man who took us to war with Blair’s support.

It’s no good making predictions when we don’t know what will happen. It could be good and it could be bad. Put your crystal ball bye and let’s wait and see.

Edited by hauxwell
Spelling

Theresa May's reckoning, and crunch time for the Tories, is looming close this week:

Theresa May is under growing pressure from both wings of her own party to offer more clarity in public about what Brexit deal Britain wants, or face the mounting risk of a no-confidence vote.

Downing Street sources have confirmed that rather than setting out a fresh vision of Brexit in the spring, as some colleagues had hoped, May will make a more limited speech focusing on security cooperation at a conference in Munich next month.

With pro-Brexit MPs in open revolt, senior Conservatives are warning that unless the prime minister exerts firmer leadership over the issue she could be deposed.

I guess we're about to find out what Brexit really means (-to Theresa May), before the week is out.

But if she gets binned, then it's Reese-Mogg, Davis, Bojo - or Corbyn next in No.10. The opening of Pandora's box of extreme politics beckons.

As if Piers Morgan would ask him anything difficult - it was more like "Mr President, tell me how wonderful you are".

thats because anything harder would involve him repeating his mantra "false news" over and over again

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 09:44 ----------

Daylight is second (I was going to put clear blue sky second but as he's bailed out of a climate agreement, that's not on his list of priorities). Then on his list of priorities are:

Russia

China

North Korea

Mexico

The EU

Canada

UK. Maybe.

Oh and Twitter, can't forget that. He will not set up a favourable trade deal with anyone, let alone us. America is the senior partner so America First. If you can point to a fair business deal he's done, I'd love to see it. He's quite happy to hold Mays hand but is already undermining her saying he'd do brexit differently because it puts her on the back foot (not hard admittedly) and it puts America first. I'm no fan of corbyn, but if he wants to say something about trump - say it. Khan, I quite like. I'd love to be a fly on the wall if he met trump.

But please get the idea out of your head that trump - on the back of a populist America first campaign - will do us a good deal if we walk on eggshells, don't criticise him as we hobble around the world stage after shooting ourselves in both feet by leaving the eu and electing a weak government. He won't, he will put America first.

Perfectly put, a trade deal with the US WONT be good for us, the Bomberdier issue shows that they are ready to shaft us at every opportunity

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 09:45 ----------

and as for Trump putting his own country first can you blame him?

there we go, said it yourself, yet youre all set to do a deal :roll:

Edited by melthebell

thats because anything harder would involve him repeating his mantra "false news" over and over again

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 09:44 ----------

Perfectly put, a trade deal with the US WONT be good for us, the Bomberdier issue shows that they are ready to shaft us at every opportunity

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 09:45 ----------

there we go, said it yourself, yet youre all set to do a deal :roll:[/if

I have no idea what deal we will be offered by America, if any.

What I am saying, I don’t think Trump is any worse than some presidents.

He’s lasted longer than what you predicted.

Mass protests is not the way forward if he comes to the UK.

Unfortunately for his haters, Trump has an habit of doing what he says.

For example, the last few presidents said that they were moving their Israeli embassy to Jerusalem, but they didn't. The last one also said that the UK was last in the queue for a trade deal, but it isn't.

The haters better hope he does as he says again and gets down to business on the UK/USA trade deal. They say that they are waiting for us!

I have no idea what deal we will be offered by America, if any

Thats the thing, to me its a constant stream of lack of sense, people seem to jump feet first without looking. The economy should be the first thing you look after as without that we are dead.

Thats the thing, to me its a constant stream of lack of sense, people seem to jump feet first without looking. The economy should be the first thing you look after as without that we are dead.

You mean the economy that outperformed France last year? Where's the sense in that!!!!!! :hihi: