The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

He said he would protect us if war breaks out.

He said he's going to give us a fantastic trade deal.

He said he loves the UK.

Is any of the other stuff that important? People are willing to sacrifice the UK because they are still sulking about Brexit. Their pony tail is in a tangle.

There's rumours in the media that some Tories are willing to sacrifice winning the next election to get revenge on Brexiteers.

Come on stop playing silly blighters...

You mean the economy that outperformed France last year? Where's the sense in that!!!!!! :hihi:

erm you do understand brexit and when it starts? thats what the threads about and what we do after.

NOT

random economic news previously :roll:

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 11:14 ----------

He said he would protect us if war breaks out.

He said he's going to give us a fantastic trade deal.

He said he loves the UK.

Is any of the other stuff that important? People are willing to sacrifice the UK because they are still sulking about Brexit. Their pony tail is in a tangle.

There's rumours in the media that some Tories are willing to sacrifice winning the next election to get revenge on Brexiteers.

Come on stop playing silly blighters...

hes also said america first, and other pieces of nonsense that he reigns in on, Look what they tried to do to bomberdier, they look very much like friends :roll:

Unfortunately for his haters, Trump has an habit of doing what he says.

For example, the last few presidents said that they were moving their Israeli embassy to Jerusalem, but they didn't. The last one also said that the UK was last in the queue for a trade deal, but it isn't.

The haters better hope he does as he says again and gets down to business on the UK/USA trade deal. They say that they are waiting for us!

Add Trump's idea of a successful deal (more crush the opposition than something mutually beneficial) and his America First policy to the fact that trade deals last a long time and we'll be better off waiting until someone more reasonable is in charge at the White House.

erm you do understand brexit and when it starts? thats what the threads about and what we do after.

Oh yes, that old chestnut of we've not left yet! I have the luxury of time to be right, you have the Sisyphean labour of always being right, but your stone keeps a rollin' back down the hill anyway. While we're waiting for the emergency budgets the economy is doing pretty well despite Brexit.

It looks like I understand it a tad more than you Mel. ;)

hes also said america first, and other pieces of nonsense that he reigns in on, Look what they tried to do to bomberdier, they look very much like friends :roll:
It's obvious that you don't even begin to understand the Bombardier situation Mel.

Oh yes, that old chestnut of we've not left yet! I have the luxury of time to be right, you have the Sisyphean labour of always being right, but your stone keeps a rollin' back down the hill anyway. While we're waiting for the emergency budgets the economy is doing pretty well despite Brexit.

It looks like I understand it a tad more than you Mel. ;)

It's obvious that you don't even begin to understand the Bombardier situation Mel.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mark-carney-200m-a-week-hit-after-brexit-vote-brexit-dividend-for-nhs-does-not-exist-boris-told-ifs_uk_5a69b7d5e4b0e56300767563

The Foreign Secretary’s infamous claim that Brexit would return £350m a week from Brussels faced yet more humiliation after Mark Carney told a private gathering in Davos that the country had forefeited £10bn in GDP since the 2016 referendum.

Asked to measure in “Brexit buses” the economic impact of the vote, Carney told businessmen in the Swiss resort that the hit to growth was between two-thirds and three-quarters of the sum emblazoned on the Vote Leave battlebus, the Times reported.

The Bank has been careful not to publicly quantify the effect of the referendum, but Carney’s words echoed those in a new report by the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS), whose chief declared bluntly yesterday “the Brexit dividend does not exist”.

Edited by chalga

But if she gets binned, then it's Reese-Mogg, Davis, Bojo

Davis, maybe, but after his recent performance with regard to those impact assesments, I'm not sure he's overly electable.

Doubt Mogg or Boris would want it, it's a poison pill, inevitably the need for compromise as reality sets in would destroy their credibility with their supporters.

Seems that Theresa will remain as PM by default.

She assumed the position by steering a non offensive course whilst other contenders self destructed or stabbed each other in the back.Not unusual in the Tory party.

Despite being under severe pressure from both the hard and soft Brexiters I doubt that anyone will make a move because the next incumbent will still be unable to attain any sort of unity in the party.

Meanwhile the Brexit business is all consuming while the real issues of the NHS,Housing,the armed forces,etc suffer.

Didn’t Mark Carney say we would go into recession straight away if we voted leave and there would be negative growth. I don’t think he got that one fully correct.

I’m not sure what to think about the Institiute for Fiscals Studies, tend to wonder how correct they are with their forecasts. Although I don’t know much about them.

Edited by hauxwell

Didn’t Mark Carney say we would go into recession straight away if we voted leave and there would be negative growth. I don’t think he got that one fully correct.

He intervened in the markets immediately afterwards which help prevent it. Brexiters criticised him for doing so at the time.

I’m not sure what to think about the Institiute for Fiscals Studies, tend to wonder how correct they are with their forecasts. Although I don’t know much about them.

I'm sure you'd have much more confidence in them if they'd said something you agree with. ;)