The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

It'll calm down in due course. Me, I've always took delays as a part of the holiday experience, and newspapers are for wrapping fish n' chips.

I don't mind what happens now, all these tails of woe float past on the breeze, I skim through these posts, some I read in full, others are just too long winded.

I voted leave and I'm happy to have won, the rest is up to others now.

You haven't won anything except a dogs dinner. I'd say enjoy eating it but the problem is we've all got to eat it.

If you understand the kickback you understand Brexit.

What you're witnessing is Britain's manifestation of that populist backlash against globalisation. It was two finger salute to the status quo. At it's core Brexit has very little to do with the EU.

If your intuition says globalisation is meaningless, you will have voted Leave.

I understand the kickback from people at the bottom of the pile, in areas that have been left to rot by successive governments. If you're in middlesborough or Mansfield and you see a lot of immigrants who appear to have a job or better job than you I can understand them lashing out. I get that. I disagree with some of their reasoning but I get it.

The bit I don't get is where people are quite prepared to lose that job, to lose that bit of stability that governments have failed to provide. For what? Is Great Yarmouth suddenly going to see a huge upswing in fortune?

You haven't won anything except a dogs dinner. I'd say enjoy eating it but the problem is we've all got to eat it.

But that doesn't stop my enjoyment does it.

I voted out and out won so yes I have and this succession of threads confirms my decision. You've been arguing your point for I don't know how many posts now, 3-4 thousand maybe more and it's done nothing to make me think otherwise, the opposite in fact. I barely read them, I rarely open the links because it's a tired argument. Any validity you may have had was lost a long time ago.

In short, I'm not listening because there's nothing to hear. It's just a bit of fun to comment, which is what it should be :D

(Again, you and your are generalisations)

But that doesn't stop my enjoyment does it.

I voted out and out won so yes I have and this succession of threads confirms my decision. You've been arguing your point for I don't know how many posts now, 3-4 thousand maybe more and it's done nothing to make me think otherwise, the opposite in fact. I barely read them, I rarely open the links because it's a tired argument. Any validity you may have had was lost a long time ago.

In short, I'm not listening because there's nothing to hear. It's just a bit of fun to comment, which is what it should be :D

(Again, you and your are generalisations)

There's no coherent argument for hard Brexit, and I'm sure you fully realise that by now.

You've never been able to make one. And after seeming to be quite a level-headed poster you've now resorted to goading.

What a mess this country is in.

There's no coherent argument for hard Brexit, and I'm sure you fully realise that by now.

You've never been able to make one. And after seeming to be quite a level-headed poster you've now resorted to goading.

What a mess this country is in.

Well that's rich, these posts are full of insult and accusation levelled at Leave and I'm to accept that gracefully.

I don't have to make an argument do I, brexit in whatever form it takes will unfold as it happens and the consequences of it will be revealed. Until that point YOU can only speculate and report what is readily available from the media anyway.

Well that's rich, these posts are full of insult and accusation levelled at Leave and I'm to accept that gracefully.

Go on, point out an insult. There is a fair bit of astute observation, and perhaps you've taken on insults by association, but there has been little, if any actual insults that I have noticed.

I don't have to make an argument do I...

Of course not. We here are all happy to agree that your vote was based on emotional idiocy and without a trace of any sound basis.

I don't have to make an argument do I, brexit in whatever form it takes will unfold as it happens and the consequences of it will be revealed. Until that point YOU can only speculate and report what is readily available from the media anyway.

We're back to Brexit means Brexit then.:hihi:

We're back to Brexit means Brexit then.:hihi:

Brexit' doesn't mean anything does it other than Britains exit.

---------- Post added 03-08-2017 at 10:53 ----------

Go on, point out an insult. There is a fair bit of astute observation, and perhaps you've taken on insults by association, but there has been little, if any actual insults that I have noticed.

Of course not. We here are all happy to agree that your vote was based on emotional idiocy and without a trace of any sound basis.

So you're saying that of the four thousand odd posts that make up the 'consequences' fiasco that there are no insults or accusations, not even in Latin :)

Brexit' doesn't mean anything does it other than Britains exit.

We could have an acronym competition.

Bloody Ridiculous EXodus Into Tyranny?

So you're saying that of the four thousand odd posts that make up the 'consequences' fiasco that there are no insults or accusations, not even in Latin :)

There is the odd one or two, but that is a far cry from:

Well that's rich, these posts are full of insult and accusation.