The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I accept that for poorer people who did not vote leave it would be sad if their lives were collateral damage.

But damage to the ones who are openly admitting they expect the economy do be damaged, and their own lives? Feel sorry for them? I don't. After all they expected me and other remainers could be collateral damage too. They wanted to harm us.

At absolute worst Britain might slip down the silly league table of "richest nations" down to about ninth or something. Big deal.

Its about time this country re-assessed its place in the world anyway and stopped trying to be one of the big boys. Lets be like Sweden and Denmark; keep ourselves to ourselves and screw the rest of the world.

At absolute worst Britain might slip down the silly league table of "richest nations" down to about ninth or something. Big deal.

Its about time this country re-assessed its place in the world anyway and stopped trying to be one of the big boys. Lets be like Sweden and Denmark; keep ourselves to ourselves and screw the rest of the world.

I love your optimism. Sweden by the way has a large trade surplus (we dont) and Denmanrk has a trade surplus since 1988 (we havent). What are we going to start exporting?

Edited by tinfoilhat

You are aware that both Sweden and Denmark are members of the European Union aren't you?

I agree that we should stop wasting money trying to play 'superpower monopoly' when we haven't been a superpower for over sixty years, but why was it necessary to leave the EU with all the economic grief that that entails in order to do so?

Let's cancel Trident then.

If you have plan comes to fruition we can't afford it.

I agree that we should stop wasting money trying to play 'superpower monopoly' when we haven't been a superpower for over sixty years, but why was it necessary to leave the EU with all the economic grief that that entails in order to do so?

The issue isn't so much the money as changing the attitudes that hanker after the position we had in the world when we had an empire.

Sadly, I think even if we become the sick man of Europe again that won't work - brexiteers will just blame it on the EU for not giving us a have cake and eat it deal.

The issue isn't so much the money as changing the attitudes that hanker after the position we had in the world when we had an empire.

Sadly, I think even if we become the sick man of Europe again that won't work - brexiteers will just blame it on the EU for not giving us a have cake and eat it deal.

I wonder if other countries which had Empires in the past have had as much difficulty in accepting the reality of end of Empire?

It tends to express itself in embarrassing ways at times.

At one end of the scale you get the arrogance of a number of our Public School educated Establishment figures opening their mouths and coming out with arrant hubristic nonsense, while at the other end you get drunken yobs swinging off lamp posts in foreign cities shouting aggressive jingoistic clap trap at the locals.

Meanwhile, the majority of us tend to cringe at this behaviour and hope we don't all get tarred with the same brush.

Because if we are there may well be a temptation to put some manners on us in the exit negotiations.

Yes. But there are many, many potential benefits of freeing the UK from the increasingly 'Fourth Reich'-like EU.

---------- Post added 10-08-2017 at 18:05 ----------

I wonder if other countries which had Empires in the past have had as much difficulty in accepting the reality of end of Empire?

Let's hope that the EU's Empire ends, too.

Removed a post with a video as it was nothing to do with Brexit and had Racist comments in the comments part of it. It is not to be reposted.

Giving your reasons for removing a post that clearly and obviously needed to be removed properly throws into contrast the lack of explanation for removing posts that have no apparent ground for removal...