The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Guest sibon

It would be interesting if L00b, or Tim (or both) would explain what they would really like to happen. I'm not being provocative here, just curious. The deal offered by May didn't seem that bad to me, so I'm interested to find out what I've missed.

I also have a vested interest as I have family in Paris and I'd like them to stay there, not only for cheap holiday purposes.

It would be interesting if L00b, or Tim (or both) would explain what they would really like to happen. I'm not being provocative here, just curious. The deal offered by May didn't seem that bad to me, so I'm interested to find out what I've missed.

I also have a vested interest as I have family in Paris and I'd like them to stay there, not only for cheap holiday purposes.

Strange you should ask only on TV earlier, reaction from migrants from Poland also viewed it as a good deal!

---------- Post added 23-06-2017 at 22:24 ----------

My apologies, I must have been catatonic at that stage.

They must live in internment camps and return immediately after working a 16 hour day . But seriously , do you believe that somehow the nationals living here will somehow , not be treated well ?

What does treated well mean? Same as now?

You see, it's exactly this element of vagueness that has caused problems with May's offer.

Further, the treatment of foreign workers, if worse, will set the benchmark for British workers. You know what could mean don't you?

---------- Post added 23-06-2017 at 22:56 ----------

I meant in respect of the 3 million EU residents not how petty negotiations may get.

Them to be treated the same as they are now I'd expect. Why on earth would they expect or want anything else?

This is like pulling teeth.

---------- Post added 23-06-2017 at 22:59 ----------

Given the first few days, I can't see this being 2 years, more like 100 years.

It could be rapid with May in charge.

She always takes the path that is easiest in the short term, no matter what the long term consequences.

If that means walking away she'll do it.

What does treated well mean? Same as now?

You see, it's exactly this element of vagueness that has caused problems with May's offer.

Further, the treatment of foreign workers, if worse, will set the benchmark for British workers. You know what could mean don't you?

---------- Post added 23-06-2017 at 22:56 ----------

Them to be treated the same as they are now I'd expect. Why on earth would they expect or want anything else?

This is like pulling teeth.

---------- Post added 23-06-2017 at 22:59 ----------

It could be rapid with May in charge.

She always takes the path that is easiest in the short term, no matter what the long term consequences.

If that means walking away she'll do it.

Oh right, I didn't know we planned to treat them differently.

Oh right, I didn't know we planned to treat them differently.

Then you haven't read or listened to Mays offer which contained no cast iron guarantee that rights would be the same as now.

If you know of a different plan to May's then please post a link

Then you haven't read or listened to Mays offer which contained no cast iron guarantee that rights would be the same as now.

If you know of a different plan to May's then please post a link

All I know is that it's early in negotiations and whilst it would be nice that she made the gesture regardless of knowing that it would be reciprocated with our own citizens there is a lot of pressure from major donors of the leave campaign and just about every quarter of society for her to do the right thing so the position could change. Until anything is finalised, agreed, signed off I see no reason to dwell on it.

Difficult typing it out on tablet and deserves a full response, forthcoming early tonight when we're back home.

It is a fair offer. What our Government should now do is withdraw that offer and make it 10 years instead of the five. Tell the EU we are not paying a penny in a leaving tax. Tell the EU it's either continued free trade otherwise WTO rules. I don't care if the end result is all the EU people living here are told to go back to their country of origin and don't care if our people living in EU are told to move back here. We as a nation need to stop pussyfooting around with these EU people, otherwise we will end up being bigger mugs than we have been while in the EU.