The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Our public sector have have a 2 year pay freeze, then 5 years at 1%; and we still cannot afford to pay them above inflation.
May & Hammond just found some spare change at the back of the settee for police officers and HM prison staff.

Only for police officers and HM prison staff.

Not for nurses, nor for fire fighters, nor for the umpteen millions(?) of non-emergency public service workers.

Ask yourself why, and ponder that one for a bit.

May & Hammond just found some spare change at the back of the settee for police officers and HM prison staff.

Not for nurses, nor for fire fighters, nor for the umpteen millions(?) of non-emergency public service workers.

Has everyone missed that the DUP sided AGAINST the Tories and with Labour over removing the pay cap for nurses and doctors?

Strong and stable. Strong and stable.

Has everyone missed that the DUP sided AGAINST the Tories and with Labour over removing the pay cap for nurses and doctors?

Strong and stable. Strong and stable.

No, but then you have to place that in the context of the recent announcement that May's £1bn bribe the DUP boost for Northern Ireland has to pass muster in Parliament: with that vote on the pay cap, the DUP just reminded May that she'd better deliver on that score, and bought themselves a small political brownie point with the opposition.

EDIT - speaking of "strong and stable", but putting that in the context of Ms May's clear aversion for unscripted public outings (anyone still remembers her steadfast dodging of 2017 GE debates and her more recent Greenfells performance?), Ms May would still rather hold secret meetings with some democratically-elected members of the European Parliament, than an open debate with all of them (as she has been invited to do, for months now). No doubt Leavers will come to misrepresent this meeting as an example of the EU's alleged lack of democratic accountability and process :roll:

Edited by L00b

The more I hear and see Juncker The Drunker, the more I am reminded of Comical Ali.

I was on the fence during the referendum but it was Jucker who pushed me into voting leave. His pompous arrogant attitude was the deciding factor.

The British people dont bow down to dictators. Anyone who cant see the EU master plan should look again.

They haven't though, the money has to come from existing police budgets. The pay increase could mean fewer police.

I was on the fence during the referendum but it was Jucker who pushed me into voting leave. His pompous arrogant attitude was the deciding factor.

The British people dont bow down to dictators. Anyone who cant see the EU master plan should look again.

That is a classic example of voting without any critical appraisal isn't it? Never mind substance, policies, truth etc. just vote against the man, makes life easier.

They haven't though, the money has to come from existing police budgets. The pay increase could mean fewer police.
Ah. I'll cross-thread refer to my post #147 here, then. Relevant bit extracted:

You might have forgotten that the Conservatives also believe in small government, which means less public services (and associated jobs).
The original meaning of my post remains though: the UK government is 'looking after' public order enforcers above any and all others. No tinfoil hat needed to understand why.

None of the right wing rags or brexiters predictions that the 'dominoes would begin to fall',and once the UK left 'others will follow',especially after European elections, has been seen to be wishful thinking.

It shows that the main reason for predictions like that are out of pure spite,malice and hate for the EU,nobody in the EU is waking up wondering how brexit talks are going,because very few people outside the politicians are interested,now sort yourselves out and go,ASAP please,the EU will do fine at the expense of the UK as the last year and a bit has shown.

This guy just doesn't get it does he,the Brexiters ideology of principles,no matter what the consequences,is working perfectly,but he wants to have a debate about it.:hihi:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/14/john-lewis-profits-brexit-sir-charlie-mayfield-prices

As the government prepares for a fourth round of Brexit negotiations with the EU, Mayfield said uncertainty was being felt in the wider economy.

“We should be under no illusions. Brexit is having an effect on the economy, no question. It’s the same for everybody and the main effects are sterling and confidence. Uncertainty is one of the consequences of this and of course businesses never like uncertainty because it makes it hard to plan for the future,” he said.

“I think we need to do justice to that uncertainty and there needs to be a serious parliamentary debate to figure out what kind of Brexit we’re going to have in the best interests of the country and the economy.”

Edited by chalga