The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Guest sibon
It is a fair offer. What our Government should now do is withdraw that offer and make it 10 years instead of the five. Tell the EU we are not paying a penny in a leaving tax. Tell the EU it's either continued free trade otherwise WTO rules. I don't care if the end result is all the EU people living here are told to go back to their country of origin and don't care if our people living in EU are told to move back here. We as a nation need to stop pussyfooting around with these EU people, otherwise we will end up being bigger mugs than we have been while in the EU.

Do you have a position on goats and bridges?

I truly cannot believe what I'm watching.

Brexit: Andrea Leadsom says broadcasters need to be patriotic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40386788

It's official, politics in the uk has completely gone off its nut.

She is effectively wanting a ministry of propaganda rather than a free press.

Precisely the opposite of what most people want, which is less biased opinion and more factual explanation allowing us to reach our own conclusions.

We already have the Mail, Sun and Express to fulfill her wishes but apparently she wants total jingoism.

Still, good to know we could have actually wound up with an even worse PM than Theresa!

It is a fair offer. What our Government should now do is withdraw that offer and make it 10 years instead of the five. Tell the EU we are not paying a penny in a leaving tax. Tell the EU it's either continued free trade otherwise WTO rules. I don't care if the end result is all the EU people living here are told to go back to their country of origin and don't care if our people living in EU are told to move back here. We as a nation need to stop pussyfooting around with these EU people, otherwise we will end up being bigger mugs than we have been while in the EU.

If they were going to do that,they would have walked away from the EU the day after the referendum,unfortunately for you,the UK is so dependant on the EU that they need to get access to the single market,and you've been told that you aren't going to cherry pick a better deal outside the EU than in,as you are starting to realise now,still,you can always change your mind and walk away at any time,the doors open,just go through it and say goodbye.

Incredible. Who do you actually care about?

---------- Post added 24-06-2017 at 10:50 ----------

All I know is that it's early in negotiations and whilst it would be nice that she made the gesture regardless of knowing that it would be reciprocated with our own citizens there is a lot of pressure from major donors of the leave campaign and just about every quarter of society for her to do the right thing so the position could change. Until anything is finalised, agreed, signed off I see no reason to dwell on it.

We wouldn't want it reciprocated for our own citizens. It was a terrible offer.

I care that as a nation we voted to leave the EU and there are too many dishonest people, who have no respect for democracy or the wishes of the people who voted to leave. I care that we have too many dishonest politicians, who will engineer a situation that we remain being dictated to by the EU and our sovereignty will not be returned. I care for my country and am sad that we are becoming a nation of traitors.

---------- Post added 24-06-2017 at 11:51 ----------

i think it means andrea leadsom has gone off her nut, but i think we all knew that anyway.

It means at last a politician has spoken the truth. The media seek to cause trouble at every opportunity. The media should be more patriotic than they have been. The media is partly responsible for turning our nation into a nation of traitors.

---------- Post added 24-06-2017 at 10:50 ----------

We wouldn't want it reciprocated for our own citizens. It was a terrible offer.

I've not made myself clear. I think if we are going to give them full rights, if that is the problem, then we should do it whether they intend to follow suit or not.

I thought the initial concern was that they would not be granted the right to stay, it has moved on from that I suppose.

It has been greeted by many EU nationals that the current offer is a good one so maybe it's the people that it doesn't directly affect that feel they have to shout loudest. Just a thought, feel free to crucify :hihi: