The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I care that as a nation we voted to leave the EU and there are too many dishonest people, who have no respect for democracy or the wishes of the people who voted to leave. I care that we have too many dishonest politicians, who will engineer a situation that we remain being dictated to by the EU and our sovereignty will not be returned. I care for my country and am sad that we are becoming a nation of traitors.

---------- Post added 24-06-2017 at 11:51 ----------

It means at last a politician has spoken the truth. The media seek to cause trouble at every opportunity. The media should be more patriotic than they have been. The media is partly responsible for turning our nation into a nation of traitors.

No,it means that a politician is unable to spin a situation to her satisfaction,and is afraid that the media will expose it as being spin and only spin,all cowardly politicians blame the media.

This is how cowardly she is,when called out by Maitlis,she backs down,she doesn't even have the guts to back herself up.

:

Emily Maitlis, who was presenting the show, asked Leadsom if she was accusing broadcasters of being unpatriotic .

“Are you accusing me of being unpatriotic for questioning how negotiations are going, questioning whether you have the position of strength that she said she wanted?” she said.

Leadsom replied: “I’m not accusing you of anything, Emily. I’m simply saying we all need to pull together as a country. We took a decision a year ago today to leave the European Union, we have a very strong hand and we are very well prepared for the negotiations.

Edited by chalga

I care that as a nation we voted to leave the EU and there are too many dishonest people, who have no respect for democracy or the wishes of the people who voted to leave.

who say's we aren't going to leave the EU?

no one has ever produced a detailed plan of what we are going to do, only half baked promises of free unicorns and £350 million a week for the NHS.

I care that we have too many dishonest politicians, who will engineer a situation that we remain being dictated to by the EU and our sovereignty will not be returned. I care for my country and am sad that we are becoming a nation of traitors.

Theresa, just because people do not agree with you and wont blindly follow you off the cliff doesn't mean they are traitors. We are trying to save you!

If this is the latest strategy, then it's going to be a spectacular failure. It invites every interviewer to ask every politician they interview over the next week or so if they think almost half the voters in the country are traitors.

Guest sibon
The media should report the facts, they shouldn't cowtow to what any political party wants them to say.

They don't just report facts though. They select facts to suit their own interpretation. They also editorialise. It isn't possible to simply report facts in an unbiased way.

However, for a Government minister to openly try to bully the BBC is pretty outrageous.

The media should report the facts, they shouldn't cowtow to what any political party wants them to say.

This is very true, but just about every media outlet doesn't do this. They are all pushing an agenda and report things in a way that supports that agenda.

Objective truth is absent from most British media outlets when it comes to politics.

This is very true, but just about every media outlet doesn't do this. They are all pushing an agenda and report things in a way that supports that agenda.

Objective truth is absent from most British media outlets when it comes to politics.

It isn't the job of the BBC to be an echo chamber for a minority sect of extreme politicians.

Leadsom replied: “I’m not accusing you of anything, Emily. I’m simply saying we all need to pull together as a country. We took a decision a year ago today to leave the European Union, we have a very strong hand and we are very well prepared for the negotiations.

Were it in fact true that we " have a very strong hand and we are very well prepared for the negotiations " Ms Leadsom would have no need to whine about the media not being patriotic ( lapdog ) enough.

The idea that there's loads of good news in our favour and it's being suppressed by the media is complete nonsense.

The fact is of course that we don't have a strong hand, and the only people our negotiators fill with confidence are the EU negotiating team.

Were it in fact true that we " have a very strong hand and we are very well prepared for the negotiations " Ms Leadsom would have no need to whine about the media not being patriotic ( lapdog ) enough...

If only Emily had thought of a reply like that. :(

Were it in fact true that we " have a very strong hand and we are very well prepared for the negotiations " Ms Leadsom would have no need to whine about the media not being patriotic ( lapdog ) enough.

The idea that there's loads of good news in our favour and it's being suppressed by the media is complete nonsense.

The fact is of course that we don't have a strong hand, and the only people our negotiators fill with confidence are the EU negotiating team.

Do you work for the BBC :suspect: