The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Guest sibon
There are no surprises here. The EU has the best hand and is also the banker.

Not quite.

We have the best football team in Europe and a big pile of quantitatively eased pounds to bargain with.

Even the Tories can't mess this one up.

Only 2 posts and bus has been mentioned.

As a reminder watch C4 at 2250 wife swap brexit special. Hand picked for perfect C4 type crap.

yes very predictable, however, did the bus really say that?

---------- Post added 20-06-2017 at 00:09 ----------

Not quite.

We have the best football team in Europe and a big pile of quantitatively eased pounds to bargain with.

Even the Tories can't mess this one up.

be nice if the player were for here too

Well, yet more proof that politicians are an anachronism. Sure they govern, but then the World's financier's who are not elected screw you over:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40339044

"Mark Carney made the direct link between "weaker real income growth" and the process of leaving the European Union.

Brexit is likely to make people poorer, the governor of the Bank of England said.

Since the referendum the markets have sold off sterling, making the currency weaker and increasing inflation in the UK.

That means that price rises are now running ahead of wage growth and real incomes are falling again."

Ipsos Mori released their findings of the GE2017 polling data today.

The Guardian [are reporting] that Labour did in fact pickup a truck load of younger voters.

I do think there's another angle to this story which isn't being fully analyzed yet.

When TM announced her GE2017 against the backdrop of Brexit I was convinced we'd head to the polls with Brexit on our minds. I made the argument that the GE would essentially become a second run of the EU referendum in all but name.

So what happens if you apply that logic to the results of our GE2017?

If the Conservative party are the EU [Out] party and Labour becomes the EU [in] party it's not difficult to see why the GE2017 result aligns itself beautifully with the EU referendum result.

Should we really be surprised that Kensington & Chelsea voted Labour? They were after all staunch Remainers so it makes absolute sense that they wouldn't vote for the party delivering on Brexit.

I'm not convinced the GE2017 result confirms the return of two-party politics as reported by the media.

The Guardian [are reporting] that Labour did in fact pickup a truck load of younger voters.

I do think there's another angle to this story which isn't being fully analyzed yet.

When TM announced her GE2017 against the backdrop of Brexit I was convinced we'd head to the polls with Brexit on our minds. I made the argument that the GE would essentially become a second run of the EU referendum in all but name.

So what happens if you apply that logic to the results of our GE2017?

If the Conservative party are the EU [Out] party and Labour becomes the EU [in] party it's not difficult to see why the GE2017 result aligns itself beautifully with the EU referendum result.

Should we really be surprised that Kensington & Chelsea voted Labour? They were after all staunch Remainers so it makes absolute sense that they wouldn't vote for the party delivering on Brexit.

I'm not convinced the GE2017 result confirms the return of two-party politics as reported by the media.

If this was indeed a rerun of the referendum, the outcome would be very different.

OUT - Torys, UKIP = 44.6%

IN - Labour, Libdems & SNP = 50.4%

However, to say the Tory part is out and Labour is in, is wrong as neither party was fully in either camp.

........ in fact ..................

Just another load of data based on pre-election sampling.

Not "Fact".

It is worth waiting for the real thing that cross-checks with voting data.

Takes about 6 months to appear, though.

All industry is jittery over Brexit

All of the UK should be as well.

"Where's my foot, I got my pistol in my hand?"

Too late to be jittery for us. We're haemorrhaging (European bound-) Asian & US business to German competitors. Many are misrepresenting that UK firms won't be able to handle European patent work after Brexit (which is wrong, but the vast majority of non-EU clients don't know better, and our PR is uncoordinated and individually drowned). That's on top of Asian & US work that's been pro-actively rerouted to Germany, Feance & Ireland already to keep a single adress for service for European portfolios including patents, trademarks and designs.

Just back from another trip to Europe, talking to the French, Belgians & Swiss...and it's f grim. Exchange rate advantage counts for SFA, it's drowned by admin costs at client end, of maintaining UK address for service as an 'extra'...not worth their while talking to Paul in UK about patents and Gunter in Germany about the rest, easier and cheaper to talk to Gunter about the lot :mad:

It was all the professional courtesy my fellow continental practitioners could extend to me, to not LOL in my face. As a staunch remainer EU immigrant fighting the good fight for UK plc, it doesn't get much more grating than when feeling compelled to put a spirited defence and a brave face on the UK (-profession) in reply to the (Brexit-related-) jibes.

That I enjoyed a fellow compatriot practicing in the US as a co-presenter, who therefore got to shoulder the rest of the Trump-related banter, was scant consolation.

Edited by L00b