The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I don't know and neither do you , despite all your ifs , buts , coulds and maybes

That's a bizarre stance to take.

It looks like Brexiters had a fairly short list of demands without regard to any of the consequences if their demands were met.

It's like wanting something so badly you don't care if it hurts you. That's weird.

You still haven't actually provided any, I'll stress ANY, retort to the multiple questions as to what will happen when you get your full Brexit. I'd like to have some evidence/insight/expert opinion.

As it is still being negotiated like most people I cant tell you what will happen. I'm not full of doom and gloom like the remainers on here and don't have a crystal ball or theorise and write about what MAY happen. Just like a divorce no one knows who gets what until its finalised. I hoped for a full clean break and if that means the so called hard brexit then bring it on. If it gets watered down then I will also go along with it as my job has been done and its up to others to carry out the rest.

Looks like some remoaners are starting to see sense,

"Remainers now BACK Brexit: One in four voters change their mind over staying in EU"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/869024/remainers-back-brexit-one-in-four-voters-change-mind-staying-EU

You really think that a poll of 2000 chosen people from a think tank of business leaders in the North accurately represents the UK?

Quote:

"Crucially, though it reveals that the unremitting campaign by Remainers to tarnish Brexit has failed with 23 per cent of past Remain voters saying they have switched to Leave." :hihi:

As it is still being negotiated like most people I cant tell you what will happen. I'm not full of doom and gloom like the remainers on here and don't have a crystal ball or theorise and write about what MAY happen. Just like a divorce no one knows who gets what until its finalised. I hoped for a full clean break and if that means the so called hard brexit then bring it on. If it gets watered down then I will also go along with it as my job has been done and its up to others to carry out the rest.

What are you talking about? We are not the ones full of doom and gloom. It is the people who actually know what they are talking about telling us.

Former Head of the WTO says that a hard Brexit will cause very significant damage to the economy leading to thousands of job losses as a result. This is a guy that ran the organisation whose rules we will default to in the event of a hard Brexit. I really think he knows the rules more than anyone else. Meanwhile we have idiot politicians and people like you keep saying that it will be OK. Really? A hard Brexit is OK, when even the WTO says it really won't be.

Also, we are beginning to see very signficant companies show their hands at the lack of progress made in the EU negotiations as we are headed towards a hard Brexit. Rolls-Royce has indicated that 5000 jobs are at stake as well as the development and manufacture of their next generation aero engines. If these engines are manufactured abroad, the development base goes with it. So, good job there are destroying home grown expertise on such highly sought after engineering products. This is just one example.

Have you heard how Bombardier recently secured the 4000 jobs at risk in NI because Boeing won in slapping 300% import tariffs on the C-class jets? Was it the British government using its special relationship with the US, telling Boeing to back off? Was it the government daring to say, if you threaten the UK jobs, we'll cancel that massive order we placed for Apache helicopters and Poseidon planes? No, Bombardier made a deal with Airbus because the EU will then be able to intervene if required. We needed the EU to safeguard NI jobs from our great friend the USA.

Banks and the financial sector are already relocating hundreds of jobs to mainland Europe and this will grow into the thousands. The UK is also set to lose the clearing system from the City and relocated to Paris or Frankfurt. The clearing process brings in billions to the UK, but screw it. Why do we need that money for things like the NHS right?

Edited by ez8004

I don't know and neither do you , despite all your ifs , buts , coulds and maybes

I was in Greece a lot during the early stages of their financial crisis. I witnessed shops being looted, a University being closed without forewarning to its 4000 staff and 15000 students, 100,000+ people protesting on parliament square and then fighting riot police. Those were just the first effects once reality kicked in, reality is about to kick in here and people are still happily pretending it won’t, just like my Greek colleagues did. Ironically the only one who knew it was coming is the only one still living in Greece as he managed to set up so he was protected financially.

You know who got hit hardest? The elderly, nowhere to go, no way to compensate for the dramatic loss of their state pension, no public healthcare any more...

Imagine Sheffield minus at least one University, minus at least one of the two main hospitals, minus 80% of council services... that is what you voted for.