The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

It'll knock your head out of your arse.

:) very good

---------- Post added 21-10-2017 at 12:18 ----------

Let's have a game of Daily Express bingo

http://expressbingo.org.uk

I was in Greece a lot during the early stages of their financial crisis. I witnessed shops being looted, a University being closed without forewarning to its 4000 staff and 15000 students, 100,000+ people protesting on parliament square and then fighting riot police.

Don't be such a drama queen. Your attempt at trying to compare Greece with the UK is laughable. Greece has nearly 50% unemployment and many of them young, is still is in debt and has a great deal more pensioners per population because they retire earlier. The UK is a rich nation, has low unemployment and does not pay as much to their pensioners as Greece.

Those were just the first effects once reality kicked in, reality is about to kick in here and people are still happily pretending it won’t,

If any rioting occurs here it will be from those denied a Brexit if there is a u-turn and this government and MP's know that.

---------- Post added 21-10-2017 at 13:36 ----------

Oh dear, more polls with very low sample rates.. this time a phenomenal count of 1,203 people were surveyed. :)

Don't be such a drama queen. Your attempt at trying to compare Greece with the UK is laughable. Greece has nearly 50% unemployment and many of them young, is still is in debt and has a great deal more pensioners per population because they retire earlier. The UK is a rich nation, has low unemployment and does not pay as much to their pensioners as Greece.

If any rioting occurs here it will be from those denied a Brexit if there is a u-turn and this government and MP's know that.

I am not comparing Greece to the UK, yet. I am saying that nobody in Greece believed the signs on the wall either. It resulted in chaos. My examples are not far fetched either. The HE sector is already witnessing a significant drop in applications - at some point the market will have to react, Universities will close. Those at highest risk are the ones that rely most on research funding, a well known phenomenon of shrinking economies is that R&D investment plummets.

The Welfare bill is the biggest component for state spending, that is going to have to give at some point, that means telling the elderly that they can't have the same sort of money as they had before. It will also result in a drop of funding for other welfare expenses.

Employment in the UK is partly high because the productivity is very low compared to EU rivals, we work longer hours but get less done in that time. My compatriots in the Netherlands on average work nearly 200 hours per year less, yet their productivity in those fewer hours is on par with that in the UK. That is impacting on childcare, in the Netherlands it is perfectly acceptable for both parents to reduce working hours for childcare, here parents have to increase working hours to pay for childcare. There is no pot of gold to pay for that childcare in central government, so it is going to remain an issue until the economy blossoms up.

The economy isn't going to blossom up, it is going to stagnate, or worse, nosedive. Sure, we might not get an apocalyptic crisis like Greece in some forecasts, but we are definitely stagnating like mad, in the meantime propping up consumer debt that is unsustainable.

We'll be like Japan in a few years IF Brexit goes 'well' - young people working sixty hour weeks as the norm, living in tiny flats because property is beyond affordable for them. They work so much that they don't even have time to form personal relationships any more.

If Brexit does indeed burst, the financial bubble we are floating on will burst and than the UK will be put on life-support, it will have to cut its cloth accordingly and it is going to be extremely painful for a few decades.

If you disagree with those forecasts, why don't you explain your forecast? I have asked for it repeatedly - what is going to be the magic that Brexit brings to this country? Why are you happy supporting it, without knowing what it brings?

I was in Greece a lot during the early stages of their financial crisis. I witnessed shops being looted, a University being closed without forewarning to its 4000 staff and 15000 students, 100,000+ people protesting on parliament square and then fighting riot police. Those were just the first effects once reality kicked in, reality is about to kick in here and people are still happily pretending it won’t, just like my Greek colleagues did. Ironically the only one who knew it was coming is the only one still living in Greece as he managed to set up so he was protected financially.

You know who got hit hardest? The elderly, nowhere to go, no way to compensate for the dramatic loss of their state pension, no public healthcare any more...

Imagine Sheffield minus at least one University, minus at least one of the two main hospitals, minus 80% of council services... that is what you voted for.

Absolute pie in the sky , scaremongering

Yes, that is what they said initially, it is easy to claim scaremongering, but again, very difficult for any of you to actually explain what the effects of Brexit will be on our society. Nobody in Greece thought that the banks would be closing from one day to the next either.

Oh dear, more polls with very low sample rates.. this time a phenomenal count of 1,203 people were surveyed. :)

That's a big enough number to be statistically significant as long as its a genuinely random sample.

I think most of the well-known polling companies use the 1000 - 2000 range.

What you need to look at is the trend. Since mid-August, YouGov has had 5 out of 6 polls saying its wrong to leave the EU.

That may, of course, change after this week's meetings but the political betting site I'm not allowed to post here seems to think opinion is shifting

I have asked for it repeatedly - what is going to be the magic that Brexit brings to this country?

And I have said many time that I am not into guessing games or predictions I leave that in the hands of the remain side as it what they like to do.

Why are you happy supporting it, without knowing what it brings?

Because I voted for Brexit and just like you no one knows what it brings. We have coped many times in the past and risen from the ashes, and the crash of 2008 shows that well. As stated we are a rich country and have plenty in reserves to cope.

---------- Post added 21-10-2017 at 17:27 ----------

Exactly, but its a common trend with remainers as they like guessing games, polls and predictions. Its seems that despite what is said they are the ones who will lose out most.

---------- Post added 21-10-2017 at 17:31 ----------

That's a big enough number to be statistically significant as long as its a genuinely random sample.

And that the pollsters don't manipulate that sample with leading questions as what questions are asked can determine the outcome of the answers.