The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

That's a big enough number to be statistically significant as long as its a genuinely random sample.

I think most of the well-known polling companies use the 1000 - 2000 range.

What you need to look at is the trend. Since mid-August, YouGov has had 5 out of 6 polls saying its wrong to leave the EU.

That may, of course, change after this week's meetings but the political betting site I'm not allowed to post here seems to think opinion is shifting

How have the polls done in the recent general elections, US election and the Brexit referendum?

Truth is, polls matter not one jot. One thing matters - the actual result and that's done. 99% of people could be 'statistically' against it, but it's still happening.

As opposed to Spend ,spend , spend labour

I don’t support Labour. Told you that before. I vehemently oppose the Tories and nearly everything they stand for. I don’t have to support Labour to do that.

It looks like we’ll very soon be taking on massive amounts of government debt because of Brexit. If the aim of the gold reserves is to counterbalance debt then why aren’t the reserves being built up?

I don’t support Labour. Told you that before. I vehemently oppose the Tories and nearly everything they stand for. I don’t have to support Labour to do that.

It looks like we’ll very soon be taking on massive amounts of government debt because of Brexit. If the aim of the gold reserves is to counterbalance debt then why aren’t the reserves being built up?

I know you don't . So you do not support Labour , why not support the Government in their quest in trying to bring about actions that were democratically voted for . Or do you just keep kicking because your vote is wasted on a party that will never hold any power. "looks like " ""maybe" " if" . Still clutching at straws

Edited by hackey lad

The EU is the most free trading bloc in the world.

Any protections that are in place are generally in response to the excessive protection of their own industry deployed by other countries like China, India, and increasingly the USA. The protections also help ensure standards.

You need to be honest with yourself. The aim of the leading Brexiters is for the UK to spearhead a massive never tried before experiment to completely reset global trading dynamics. It will fail to do that for clear reasons but will create economic chaos from which the same people driving the experiment will greatly enrich themselves. At mine and yours and almost everybody else's expense. You've been had.

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 07:50 ----------

It's not the first time.

We just need the handbrake turn. It's coming.

how can you justify that statement?

Like a stuck record, playing Nigel Farage's greatest hits.

Nobody believes any of that crap any more.

what crap is that?

---------- Post added 21-10-2017 at 23:25 ----------

He/She cant

it just can't.

---------- Post added 21-10-2017 at 23:30 ----------

Funny how you justify anything because of migration. Almost like you gravitate that way so much that you don't care about anything else. 'Irrelevant! Immigrants!'

---------- Post added 21-10-2017 at 23:31 ----------

[/color]

Funny how you justify anything because of migration. Almost like you gravitate that way so much that you don't care about anything else. 'Irrelevant! Immigrants!'

What a shame it will be when you realise you sold the NHS, workers rights, social security, the right to housing etc etc down the Swanney just so you could stop immigrants.

Tell me Samssong, what does your life in the UK look like in ten years?

tell me do you have to take relevant insurance here?

like in holland https://www.expatica.com/nl/healthcare/Healthcare-in-the-Netherlands_100057.html

Edited by phil752

how can you justify that statement?

Easily. It’s the biggest tariff free trading bloc on the planet. There are no internal trade barriers, and the most successful exporters within it have few problems exporting goods and services outside the bloc.

No other trading bloc has a market of 500m of the most affluent people on the globe. That’s a fact.

---------- Post added 21-10-2017 at 23:46 ----------

I know you don't . So you do not support Labour , why not support the Government in their quest in trying to bring about actions that were democratically voted for . Or do you just keep kicking because your vote is wasted on a party that will never hold any power. "looks like " ""maybe" " if" . Still clutching at straws

Everybody has a right to oppose the government’s actions. That is our democratic right, and it’s a bit stupid to request that people forego that democratic right because you believe one particular democratic vote has some special sacrosanct status.

You’re in the ridiculous position of arguing that I have no democratic right to oppose the government’s handling of the referendum and it’s aftermath, it seems.