The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I guess the word is Trash

Maybe as part of our Brexit talks we can agree to send all our unemployed to Romania to claim benefits.

Not sure they'd be happy about that though

If only our government could have changed the benefits system so it wasn't open to abuse.

Oh yeah, they could have done. And didn't.

Wrong way round ;)

Denial of science again, but you are human so I don't blame you.

We cherish our ideologies far more than we do the sciences.

As human beings we never evolved for truth seeking, it doesn't come naturally to us. So when we are presented with information that conflicts with our ideological positions, we simply deny the science.

Denial of science again, but you're human so I don't blame you.

We cherish our ideologies far more than we do the sciences.

As human beings we never evolved for truth seeking, it doesn't come naturally to us. So when we are presented with information that conflicts with our ideological positions, we simply deny the science.

Despite the stated aims of Brexiters the economic argument is ultimately going to drive everything. The unintended economic consequences of some kind of shared national madness may take us down interesting paths, but ultimately the path back to prosperity is what people are going to choose. Right wing nutjobbery is not the path back. There’s no real science to this in economic terms, and people’s response will ultimately be dictated by raw self interest and a drive for economic survival. Right now the economic reality hasn’t hit Home, and people are still seduced by illusory arguments around sovereignty and immigration. This will change.