The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

As a staunch remainer who has already suffered financially due to the misled minority (the leavers) I will do anything I can to have a third referendum and reverse the suicidal direction that the second one took us in.

It brings joy to my heart to read that a remainer has 'suffered' financially thanks to the referendum vote which went against the clear wishes of Goldman Sachs.

As the vast majority of those who voted to remain in the undemocratic EU were affluent middle-class liberals I'm sure that some financial 'suffering' will help them to understand, just a little perhaps, of how the working class and the underclass have been suffering under the rule of the EU overlords for many, many years.

Massively increased competition for unskilled/low-skilled employment. Massively increased competition for housing, healthcare, education etc. Competition is good for the lower economic sections of society!

No surprise though that some remainers still don't want to accept the democratic outcome of the vote and will "do anything" to implement the will of Goldman Sachs.

Edited by Car Boot

It brings joy to my heart to read that a remainer has 'suffered' financially thanks to the referendum vote which went against the clear wishes of Goldman Sachs.

A nose/face sorta thing? ;)

As the vast majority of those who voted to remain in the undemocratic EU were affluent middle-class liberals I'm sure that some financial 'suffering' will help them to understand, just a little perhaps, of how the working class and the underclass have been suffering under the rule of the EU overlords for many, many years.

Be careful what you wish for, the affluent middle-class are better placed to edure any suffering, the working class can't.

Massively increased competition for unskilled/low-skilled employment. Massively increased competition for housing, healthcare, education etc. Competition is good for the lower economic sections of society!

The results of failures by successive UK governments, not the fault of the EU.

When these things continue unabated after we leave, who're you going to blame then?

No surprise though that some remainers still don't want to accept the democratic outcome of the vote and will "do anything" to implement the will of Goldman Sachs.

Your posts are a bit like reading Pravda back in the 80's! "EU Overlords!" LOL :loopy:

Like all those claims you made about the BBC, easily disproved ;)

Never ceases to amaze, considering the resources at your fingertips, that you could be so consistantly ill-informed time and time again on such a wide array of subjects.

Edited by Magilla

Be careful what you wish for, the affluent middle-class can edure this suffering, the working class can't.

Many are doing quite well out of it. The fall in the pound means their stocks and shares are worth more - which counteracts more expensive imports. Few of the working class have benefited from that.

Meanwhile, back in glorious world of brexit that's going to be so good for the working class: Toyota seeks clarity over Brexit ‘fog’ amid fears over Derbyshire plant.

I agree. It shouldn't be about what sides people voted. We should all wish for the best and shouldn't delight in others suffering economical woes.

This thread is used as a battleground for those who are entrenched in their respective ideologies.

It would be nice if it was used for understanding but I don't think there's much appetite for it. Everyone is too busy slingshotting facts & figures to the other side in the hope of "winning" the battle.

Complete and utter tripe

When it hits the fan it won't be the Middle class, the upper class, the ruling elite, the rich. It will be the unemployed, the working class, the young, the old, those with disabillities that will suffer

Damaging middle class families economically to try and get them to understand is a pretty stupid idea. The stupidest yet.

Go on... pull the other one.....

OK, now tell me how I have been financially hit?

1st comment says it all:-

"Still lower than any time in the last decade pre-June 2016. Hardly soaring. Is this the kind of positive reporting Brexiteers want. Exaggeration and delusion."

I didn't state it was soaring as that is just exaggeration and something you put.