The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Wow a whopping 3.5% increase in Tesco, a place where I do not shop. I don't buy butter or fish, although it seems fish prices are high partly due to farmed Salmon supply issues, and I hardly drink coffee. All people have to do to get round any rises is shop wisely and compare prices so its all still a bit of hype. Maybe some should cut down on the bags of crisps and biscuits they buy as it will offset any rises and probably save some money as well.

Actually just to add, I have stated many times before that I think food prices are too low and maybe a rise is not such a bad thing.

I know some people who complain about the rising cost of food and yet is happy to spend £40+ on a Sunday lunch because they cant be bothered to cook at the weekend. As you can see it is all relative, and as stated tell me how I have been financially hit?

---------- Post added 26-10-2017 at 19:09 ----------

Ah, I see.. ;)

Soooo - I'm alright Jack?

Oooor - I cut my cloth accordingly and so should everybody else?

Oooor - Hah, well I love sovereignty so much that I will ignore the economic hardship awaiting us?

Very odd post apelike, genuinely is.

Very true. I stopped posting after the first Brexit post in the very first pages. I stated my view for voting the way I did, nothing has changed and I don't see the point in trying to change anyone's point of view.

I do like to pop in now and again and see the same old names batting the same facts and figures backwards and forwards gleaned from any source they can in order to counter someone else's point of view.

As you say, they are to entrenched to change and move on.

Rightly or wrongly it's happened let's pull together and get on with it.

You lost, get over it, now support the implementation of an insane plan that will damage the country for generations.

Er.......no.

There is no way we will have national unity on this. Not a hope in hell.

Wow a whopping 3.5% increase in Tesco, a place where I do not shop. I don't buy butter or fish, although it seems fish prices are high partly due to farmed Salmon supply issues, and I hardly drink coffee. All people have to do to get round any rises is shop wisely and compare prices so its all still a bit of hype. Maybe some should cut down on the bags of crisps and biscuits they buy as it will offset any rises and probably save some money as well.

Actually just to add, I have stated many times before that I think food prices are too low and maybe a rise is not such a bad thing.

I know some people who complain about the rising cost of food and yet is happy to spend £40+ on a Sunday lunch because they cant be bothered to cook at the weekend. As you can see it is all relative, and as stated tell me how I have been financially hit?

I was waiting for the "I don't eat food", a good effort, but you will have paid more for the food you've eaten recently. Relatively, ofcourse.

---------- Post added 26-10-2017 at 20:27 ----------

Maybe he shops at Morrisons, they dont have inflation ;)

Must do. :hihi:

I was waiting for the "I don't eat food", a good effort, but you will have paid more for the food you've eaten recently. Relatively, ofcourse.

No as I have already checked on the cost and as far as I can tell I have not paid more for the normal produce I buy, in fact the bacon I normally buy has actually gone down in price. The vegetables I buy are mainly from the UK, I rarely eat fruit so that takes out EU priced sources and I buy the cheapest milk. BTW I also plan meals, cook my own food and I brew my own beer and wine. I don't throw away or waste food and I buy cut priced items with a short expiry date. My actual budget for food for the week is less than £20.

So out of that whopping 3.5% increase exactly what have I paid more for? and again how have I been financially hit? You could argue that if I shopped at Tesco then I would have paid 0.70p more but as I dont then you would be wrong.

When it hits the fan it won't be the Middle class, the upper class, the ruling elite, the rich. It will be the unemployed, the working class, the young, the old, those with disabillities that will suffer

It's already 'hit the fan' for the poor, the weak, the disadvantaged. It happened decades ago - and is still happening. The EU has only made matters worse, driving down wages and increasing the cost of living.

The EU is dominated by a group of extremely powerful international civil servants, lobbyists and business people. This unelected elite is getting richer and richer. The Remoaners would do well to remember that sticking up for the EU means they are defending a neo-liberal capitalist club that is run for the benefit of the very wealthy, at the expense of the poor.

Love Europe. Hate the EU.

No as I have already checked on the cost and as far as I can tell I have not paid more for the normal produce I buy, in fact the bacon I normally buy has actually gone down in price. The vegetables I buy are mainly from the UK, I rarely eat fruit so that takes out EU priced sources and I buy the cheapest milk. BTW I also plan meals, cook my own food and I brew my own beer and wine. I don't throw away or waste food and I buy cut priced items with a short expiry date. My actual budget for food for the week is less than £20.

So out of that whopping 3.5% increase exactly what have I paid more for? and again how have I been financially hit? You could argue that if I shopped at Tesco then I would have paid 0.70p more but as I dont then you would be wrong.

Bring back rationing. Dig for victory!!!

You haven’t got much of a clue have you? Your frugality is admirable and to be honest it’s s great choice, but the problem you face is that many of the people who want Brexit are avid consumers. They want to spend and eventually they’re really going to notice that is getting tougher.

Consumerism is a stronger religion than Brexit, as you are going to find out.

Would that be Danish bacon? So you are benefiting from the fall in the value of Sterling, the same fall that is putting people out of work...

Seems fair - a brexit mantra... "I'm all right Jacques"