The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I don't think you can say absolutely, because we don't know how much the price of home grown food is going to go up...

I very much doubt it will go up by much if at all. A similar argument was put forward when the minimum wage was introduced and yet it hardly had any impact on prices. IIRC it only had around a 0.4% increase over several years despite farmers having to pay more.

The difference with a lot of the EU countries that we import most of our out of season produce from is that the minimum wage in them is well below ours. Spain is a good example with the minimum wage around half of ours. That is what encourages a lot of migrants to come to chose the UK to pick as they are paid more.

One for L00b really, although others might want a sobering read.

Brexodus. Free movement of Jah people (and others).

Thanks sibon :)

Some time when you're.............................

http://www.mick-armitage.staff.shef.ac.uk/poems/poem-im.html

.............then really you should

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAe8AAAAJDc2NTAxODhlLWY0NWUtNGEzMC1iMDM0LWNmYmJlNmE5Y2M1Mw.jpg

:hihi:

Thing is, Peter, I quite like lving in a country packed with talented people. I particularly like have top class medics and legal people around. I find it quite reassuring.

I'll be blaming you and your mates when it all goes wrong.

If there's a shilling to be made, Nobis, holes will be filled,

you can blame who you like, but don't forget the praise and thanks if it all goes right.

Brexit will blow a hole in the EU budget according to this article= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40433450

According to this article it will be a €20 billion pound hole = https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/29/brexit-blow-20bn-hole-eu-budget-european-commissioner

Edited by mafya

That's just the thing you see, where our market and my job is concerned, the shilling to be made is walking out of the UK with Brexit: you cannot file/register/oppose/<etc.> a European trademark or design at the EUIPO when you're outside the EU, you have to use a (-n EUIPO-accredited) professional representative. Them's the rules (and have been the same for 23 years, and aren't going to change for the Brexiting UK).

We UK attorneys have been such EUIPO-accredited professional representative for 23 years (and shall remain such until 01 April 2019), have been making money and paying taxes on that service work, and have gained a global reputation for that work at the very least equalling that of the Germans (our main competitors at the EU level for that sort of work).

After that date, we UK attorneys get kicked off the list, and non-EU applicants (UK, US, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, <...>) shall have to go to our Irish/French/German/<...> competitors instead. For new cases and existing caseloads.

No ifs or buts about it, standard operation of law, it's as inevitable as the sun rising tomorrow morning (but for any mitigation we put in place by opening an EU office to keep the work, creating EU jobs, generating added value and paying taxes on it there).

The level in your 'bucket' will be dropping regardless of whether I put my hand in it or take it off, irrespective of any splashing: Leavers decided to scoop a fair volume out of it.

That's just the thing you see, where our market and my job is concerned, the shilling to be made is walking out of the UK with Brexit: you cannot file/register/oppose/<etc.> a European trademark or design at the EUIPO when you're outside the EU, you have to use a (-n EUIPO-accredited) professional representative. Them's the rules (and have been the same for 23 years, and aren't going to change for the Brexiting UK).

We UK attorneys have been such EUIPO-accredited professional representative for 23 years (and shall remain such until 01 April 2019), have been making money and paying taxes on that service work, and have gained a global reputation for that work at the very least equalling that of the Germans (our main competitors at the EU level for that sort of work).

After that date, we UK attorneys get kicked off the list, and non-EU applicants (UK, US, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, <...>) shall have to go to our Irish/French/German/<...> competitors instead. For new cases and existing caseloads.

No ifs or buts about it, standard operation of law, it's as inevitable as the sun rising tomorrow morning (but for any mitigation we put in place by opening an EU office to keep the work, creating EU jobs, generating added value and paying taxes on it there).

The level in your 'bucket' will be dropping regardless of whether I put my hand in it or take it off, irrespective of any splashing: Leavers decided to scoop a fair volume out of it.

The hole will be filled, nobody is going to turn down making a shilling.

Guest sibon

I guess that we could always increase immigration:rolleyes:

you can blame who you like, but don't forget the praise and thanks if it all goes right.

It has started off pretty well. Pound down. Inflation up. Government in disarray. Exodus of talent. Financial services packing up and moving off.

Let me know when something good happens.

---------- Post added 29-06-2017 at 16:36 ----------

The hole will be filled, nobody is going to turn down making a shilling.

I turn down making a shilling on a regular basis. Mostly because I can make two shillings elsewhere and more easily.

Edited by sibon