The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

NB, this is reported in the Tory graph, which is hugely in favour of brexit itself.

YouGov polling also shows that the proportion of people saying that, in hindsight, the UK voting to leave the EU was a bad idea has risen to its highest level since the referendum.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/27/remain-voters-increasingly-against-brexit-re-leavers-u-turn/

The only poll which matters happened last year. We are leaving. Time for everyone to accept the result.

The reality of our situation, perhaps we should just 'leave', and then the Government should put their stance in the manifesto; rather like any other general election.

So if they believe we should have immigration below 100,000 - then that is what we should do. If they believe in letting in cheap Chinese steel, then that is what they should do.

So just exactly the same as the last 100 years ;)

If they believe in letting in cheap Chinese steel, then that is what they should do.

Just as a note of interest on that last bit.

Keepmoat have a contract from SCC to refurbish kitchens and bathrooms in council properties, the sinks are UK made but from poor quality Spanish stainless steel. Would have though SCC could have done better on that one.

Yeah, they're always banging on about how unemployment is the lowest it's been since the mid-1970s. Well whoop de doo, it's only taken 40 years of neoliberal policies to get unemployment back to what it was before we had any neoliberal policies.

And, as you point out, the quality of employment has gone down in terms of full time vs. part time, as well as terms & conditions, pensions, job security.

What a load of rubbish. I worked for fifty years and when I started at 15 there was no such thing as redundancy pay, tribunals and very little health and safety, my first bosses attitude was if you don't like it go away, but he didn't put it as politely as that.

I also didn't have a job that paid sick pay until I worked for a while in the public sector, a job I left when the chance of voluntary redundancy came up and I was fed up of listening to moaning of how hard done to some of my workmates were, mostly I might add from people who'd never worked anywhere else. No doubt if the internet had been available then they would have spent all day on SF doing their moaning there.

Our kids and grandkids now work in a much better environment than then, and good luck to them.

Just as a note of interest on that last bit.

Keepmoat have a contract from SCC to refurbish kitchens and bathrooms in council properties, the sinks are UK made but from poor quality Spanish stainless steel. Would have though SCC could have done better on that one.

So tell me which British steelmaker we could buy stainless steel from instead?