The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

And like loob and ILT, I also probably do considerably more both physically and financially for some of the worst off people in the UK than most Brexiters do.

That's a HUGE statement to make. I can't disprove it, but it does appear rather unlikely.

Do you think the "worst off" people in the UK, living in the poorest households, were much more likely to support leaving the EU because they correctly recognised that our membership of this political and economic union exists to mainly benefit the UK's affluent, highly educated elite?

After 44 years of membership of this anti-democratic many tentacled monster, inequality and deprivation are increasingly being seen as a direct consequence of our membership. Even the remain side believe that their economic success and priviledged lifestyles are a result of being a part of the EU.

I certainly think that the EU has enriched the few - at the expense of the many. That is why it must be destroyed. Completely. Utterly. Forever.

Do you think the "worst off" people in the UK, living in the poorest households, were much more likely to support leaving the EU because they correctly recognised that our membership of this political and economic union exists to mainly benefit the UK's affluent, highly educated elite?

No.

The poorest households voted to leave the EU because a right-wing UK media had told them the EU was to blame for their poverty (and not the tory party’s austerity policies which may or may not have been the result of the greedy bankers who bankrupted the nation)

After 44 years of membership of this anti-democratic many tentacled monster, inequality and deprivation are increasingly being seen as a direct consequence of our membership.

see above.

I am expecting the tories to destroy employment rights for workers now that we will no longer be protected by the EU.

Expect 60 hour working weeks, but at least you’ll see your kids more often - since they’ll be joining you down the coal mine

Even the remain side believe that their economic success and priviledged lifestyles are a result of being a part of the EU.

The only person I know who enjoyed a privileged lifestyle thanks to the EU was expenses millionaire Sir Nige’

No.

The poorest households voted to leave the EU because a right-wing UK media had told them the EU was to blame for their poverty (and not the tory party’s austerity policies which may or may not have been the result of the greedy bankers who bankrupted the nation)

see above.

I am expecting the tories to destroy employment rights for workers now that we will no longer be protected by the EU.

Expect 60 hour working weeks, but at least you’ll see your kids more often - since they’ll be joining you down the coal mine

The only person I know who enjoyed a privileged lifestyle thanks to the EU was expenses millionaire Sir Nige’

Neil Kinnock and his family haven't done bad out of it

That's a HUGE statement to make. I can't disprove it, but it does appear rather unlikely.

After 44 years of membership of this anti-democratic many tentacled monster, inequality and deprivation are increasingly being seen as a direct consequence of our membership. Even the remain side believe that their economic success and priviledged lifestyles are a result of being a part of the EU.

I certainly think that the EU has enriched the few - at the expense of the many. That is why it must be destroyed. Completely. Utterly. Forever.

Eh?

I didn't come from a privileged background. I just studied extremely hard and it enabled me to have a very well paid career. We are not to blame for people who fail. There are opportunities for everyone to do this. No one deserves to have “anything” handed to them on a plate.

The bottom line is this, if you don’t work hard enough to get what you want, who is to blame?

Eh?

I didn't come from a privileged background. I just studied extremely hard and it enabled me to have a very well paid career. We are not to blame for people who fail. There are opportunities for everyone to do this. No one deserves to have “anything” handed to them on a plate.

The bottom line is this, if you don’t work hard enough to get what you want, who is to blame?

Please tell us your background , then we can decide , if you are right or wrong

The cult thing is from a Spectator article a few months ago .Do you have any personal opinions without resorting to plagiarism?

It is my opinion. I don’t read the Spectator.

---------- Post added 01-11-2017 at 23:54 ----------

So you want to judge people to decide whether their lives should be destroyed because you are jealous of their success, after of course deciding whether they are privileged in some way having gained unfair advantage because of membership of the EU.

Twisted as hell!!

And you’re not behaving like you’re in a cult? Really?

---------- Post added 01-11-2017 at 23:57 ----------

More politics of envy and hate.

Edited by I1L2T3

I don’t require your approval. Who the hell do you think you are? Are you one of the have nots who like to blame others for your inadequacies or laziness for not getting what you think you deserve?

I’ll tell you my background, second in family (17 direct uncles and aunts) to finish a degree, rural working class, had to pay into household from my early teens. Worked my way up to get a doctorate and now look after students on a very similar journey. I earn a very decent living doing that.

Now tell me yours.

I’ll tell you my background, second in family (17 direct uncles and aunts) to finish a degree, rural working class, had to pay into household from my early teens. Worked my way up to get a doctorate and now look after students on a very similar journey. I earn a very decent living doing that.

Now tell me yours.

Did you need a doctorate to be a housekeeper? It sounds like a life wasted and that you're paid too much for a job that you've taken away from somebody who wasn't able to apply themselves as academically as you.