The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Hehe nice quip, I like you. Let's give it a go. I can handle your Henry while you spend a day in an adult work situation with engineers, architects, bankers, contractors, government bodies and other such low lifes. You up for it? Will I need a tabbard?

I thought prostitution was illegal in this country?

Asides from our back and forth, what is the value of education?

The trouble is, there are a lot of people, especially academics, who are simply guessing, their models have failed, and if we pay closer attention we find that they really aren't as clever as they need us to think they are. Even the pre referendum Treasury reports have been accused of using a model doomed to fail, so we seem to have ended up with the blind academics leading the blind government, but nobody dare admit it so the plan seems to be continued layering of data and blind predictions to obfuscate previous failings.

Hmmm, odd then that their predictions are happening.

Anyone who tries to predict the implications of Brexit needs to be sent to the back of the class while the grown ups get on with planning to do something meaningful.

They sure are planning, to move jobs out of the UK ;)

Base interest rate rise? check (mooted by the BoE: another 2 to 3 to follow by March 2019, possibly up to 3% by 2020)

I struggle to see this as a negative, just something that needed to be done. It seems to me that interest rates have been set because of dogma, the reason being the money supply and all that.

Never mind if it stimulates personal borrowing and keeps house prices too high for ordinary people.

Anyone who tries to predict the implications of Brexit needs to be sent to the back of the class while the grown ups get on with planning to do something meaningful.

what predictions ?

Fact is, £ sterling dropped against the $ by 10% overnight following the referendum vote.

This meant that within weeks, imports including computer hardware and software rose by as much as 20%

We’ve been feeling the effects of the Brexit for over a year now.

Please, take your head out of your backside the sand.

It is my opinion. I don’t read the Spectator.

---------- Post added 01-11-2017 at 23:54 ----------

So you want to judge people to decide whether their lives should be destroyed because you are jealous of their success, after of course deciding whether they are privileged in some way having gained unfair advantage because of membership of the EU.

Twisted as hell!!

And you’re not behaving like you’re in a cult? Really?

---------- Post added 01-11-2017 at 23:57 ----------

More politics of envy and hate.

Bit of a rant there ,please calm yourself .I simply asked Ez8004 what his background was . I never spoke about wanting to destroy peoples lives , never spoke of privilege or unfair advantage . You call me "twisted as hell" ,well its not me who is constantly accusing people from lesser backgrounds of being lazy and not doing enough to better themselves , its not me whos accusing the lesser educated of being stupid . I think you will find that Ez8004 is the one who does . " behaving like you're in a cult " stop being silly . I really couldn't care less if anyone is rich or poor ,educated or uneducated , no envy from me

I struggle to see this as a negative, just something that needed to be done. It seems to me that interest rates have been set because of dogma, the reason being the money supply and all that.

Never mind if it stimulates personal borrowing and keeps house prices too high for ordinary people.

I agree with your counter-points as a matter of economic principles and, to an extent, social principles regarding credit-fuelled consumption.

But unlike perhaps some, I'm not one for forgetting about the people who are going to be in diffculty because of this (and the follow-on-) rate rise(s), i.e. not one for throwing them under the wheels of the Brexit bus: I take it as a negative because of the record levels of personal indebtment in the UK, and the well-reported fact (and again in yesterday's news) that very many of the poorer working households (who maybe voted *for* Brexit) have little choice but to resort to -expensive- credit (credit cards, emergency loans) to make monthly ends meet and face other financial life emergencies (car & white good repairs, that sort of thing).

This rate hike, and the follow-on ones in the next year and a half, are just going to mire them far further in debt (it's not *just* mortgages that are concerned here).

But that's just my social conscience speaking :|

What abour yours, Jack? Do you have any credit lines open? You alright about your credit liabilities on your current income, if the base rate goes up to 3% within a year and a half?

Principles are all well and good...if you can afford them ;)

Edited by L00b

No, you tell me- you asserted the (imaginary) effect of a future event.

1) 10% overnight drop in sterling

2) Import costs increase by over 20%

3) £350 million a week for the NHS

4) A knighthood for Our Nige’

That’s all I can think of right now.

What were you expecting from Brexit ? You campaigned for it. You voted for it. You’re getting it.

Please, share the joy